Softonic is looking for a VP Product to help us to craft and execute our product strategy to maintain and escalate the organization position in the marketplace but also to grant Softonic´s expansion in the mobile space.
Reporting to our CEO, and working closely with key stakeholders, the VP Product will be leading a team of experienced Product Managers based in Barcelona, and also our Editorial Team located in Chicago.
To be successful in this role, you will be passionate, people person, business-oriented and tech-fan with strong leadership and product management skills. You will influence Softonic´s environment to create strong synergies between the components of the organization in order to deliver a remarkable experience for 120M unique monthly users that visit Softonic.
- Communicate, inspire, influence, in order to assure the alignment of product roadmaps with the main stakeholders’ needs, market requirements and the overall Company strategy.
- Gather and analyze internal and external information to set the strategic vision for our mobile products, plan for success, and oversee the execution.
- Work closely with the Editorial team in the creation of an excellent day to day experiences for the consumers and other audiences through the content.
- Develop a disruptive monetization mechanism for our current and new products.
- Be a Lean champion: create a “fail fast” culture of innovation within the company, implementing agile principles into every aspect of the product life cycle.
- Identify and implement process and communication improvements to ensure the team and the rest of the business is operating effectively and efficiently.
- Be a go-to person and a strategic leader within the company for any topic around mobile.
- Foster a data-driven approach within the team: measure execution and success with the right metrics and KPIs.
- Have a proper balance between long term planning and outlook by thinking outside the box and listening to the market, plus being hands-on and close to our customers and value proposition reality.
- Ensure knowledge transfer/training/feedback loop with other departments.
- More than 7 years’ experience developing or managing online products, 3+ years of experience managing mobile products.
- Proven experience managing and mentoring multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: able to communicate vision, influence, build trust.
- Systemic vision, understanding of the market/customer needs and trends, together with sharp attention to the execution.
- Good knowledge of the Agile Methodologies (i.e. SCRUM) with relevant experience in all phases of a Product Life Cycle, from planning to development, and market launch.
- Hands on experience with analytic tools, and proven data analysis and forecasting skills.
- Deep understanding of the core drivers of online advertising, mobile marketing, growth tactics.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Marketing or Business Administration. MBA highly valued.
- High level of English, other European languages as a plus.