POSITION: Technical Product Manager
LOCATION: Marina del Rey, CA
REPORTING TO: Director of Product
THE COMPANY: Wiredrive (www.wiredrive.com)
Wiredrive is a fast growing, privately-owned SaaS company with headquarters in Marina del Rey and offices in New York City and London. With over 1500+ customers worldwide, Wiredrive has become the application of choice for creative professionals in the advertising, television and motion-picture industries who need to upload, manage and present their digital media. Wiredrive’s client base is made up of the top global advertising agencies, television/movie production companies, post-production houses and brands. See more here: www.wiredrive.com/about.
• Founded: 2000
• Headquarters: Marina del Rey, CA
• Bi-Coastal and International: Offices in the major media capitals of Los Angeles, New York and London.
• Employees: Nearly 50+ with significant growth, across all divisions, over the last year.
• Customers: Over 1500 + paying global customers including Nike, Beats by Dre, Red Bull, Universal Studios, ESPN, 72 and Sunny, Reebok, MTV, Lionsgate, Tory Birch, RPA and many more.
Wiredrive is looking for a Technical Product Manager to drive execution of our strategic roadmap. Reporting to the Director of Product, this position involves regular communication with senior management on roadmaps, progress, risks and change management.
The ideal candidate is a creative leader with superior analytical abilities across business and technology. This opportunity requires excellent product management skills, including problem solving, clear communication, and a thorough understanding of Wiredrive’s technology stack.
At the core of the position is excellence in planning and execution. Qualified candidates have extensive experience building product roadmaps for execution, writing detailed functional specifications, and delivering projects that meet rapidly evolving business needs.
• Maintains, refines (grooms), and prioritizes the product backlog based on product strategy as needed, including user stories and defects (bugs) so that each successive sprint can be planned clearly and efficiently.
• Acts as the voice of customer for educating the engineering team on the business domain, championing the user’s experience.
• Authors product requirements and user stories in conjunction with stakeholders as necessary ensuring that market needs are met.
• Providing sprint goals and tactical requirements for scrum team including: user stories, scenarios, uses cases, design sketches, technical specs, test plans, success metrics)
• Actively address ambiguity and change within the sprint development cycle.
• Approves sprint reprioritization and story adoption.
• Accepts and rejects sprint work.
• Plans and approves software releases to production environment.
• Works as internal launch manager to ensure coordination of non-software related aspects of product launch are satisfied (i.e. customer communications, internal training and demonstration, documentation).
• Ensures documentation of product requirements and business logic are accounted for and up-to-date.
THE REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• EDUCATION: B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering, or commensurate experience (M.B.A. or related Masters Degree a plus).
• EXPERIENCE: 4-6 years of experience as a Technical Product Manager or Product Owner of an enterprise software application (SaaS / Web application experience a plus).
• Strong experience managing and motivating successful agile development teams (product owner, product management, or scrum master certifications a major plus).
• History of delivering results that meet customer expectations as well as strategic goals.
• Must have proven work experience as a technical “influencer” and a strong desire to own and drive the product.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of service-oriented architecture, RESTful API development, build processes, and release models (engineering experience a major plus!).
• Comfortable making decisions with limited and changing information.
• Must be able to work onsite (no remote candidates will be considered for this role).
At Wiredrive, we believe that the work we do is part of a larger experience defined by the thousands of inspired creatives who create and present their work every day. We believe that smart, motivated and dedicated teams can do great things and we look to get out of the way so this can happen.
Working at Wiredrive, has its perks… There is a keg-orator (free beer, yay!) and a fully stocked kitchen with snacks and staples for meals, BBQ lunches on the patio, generous benefits, and a killer location in Marina del Rey. But the real reason to want to work at Wiredrive, is the people. Privately held and profitable, Wiredrive is growing fast.
Wiredrive offers health insurance (100% premium coverage), 401k program with company match, paid vacations/holidays, a monthly gas allowance, and employee referral bonus.