We are the UK’s number one cashback platform. We help people to get something extra every time they shop. Since 2005 we’ve helped over seven million people buy better, earning over £400 million in cashback on £7 billion in purchases at over 4,500 retailers.
We partner with over 4,500 retailers to get the best cashback deals for our members. When a member buys from a brand through our links, that company pays us for referring the member their way. That’s where our members’ cashback comes from – and it all adds up to increase member buying power and make their money go further.
If you are not already a member of Quidco, join us for free today to understand our product and why we are passionate about Cashback https://www.quidco.com/join-quidco/.
We have a three exciting new Product Manager opportunities, two focused on desktop and one on mobile. One of the Desktop vacancies is a fixed term opportunity to cover Maternity Leave at our Sheffield Office and the Mobile role is based in London.
The role will work closely with the design, projects and delivery teams focused on building a great member experience. The remit is to support these teams find solutions to the blockages and challenges they face in delivering operational and strategic objectives. The opportunity would ideally suit a Product Manager already familiar within the digital space with experience of a consumer facing product.
This is a great career opportunity to join the UK’s number one Cashback site.
- Helping to identify areas of UI and UX improvement across all products which will help result in better engagement and commercial improvements against various KPIs
- Working with the Design team to create said UI improvements
- Provide a conduit between different departments to help deliver product improvements
- Writing requirements / user stories for some of said product improvements and across major Group projects.
- Helping to manage the relationships with key product partners
- Supporting the Head of Product to set and execute conversion rate optimization strategy including:
- Identifying areas of opportunity to improve conversion
- Suggesting ways to overcome objections and test improvements
- Running A/B testing of page variations using Optimizely and Mixpanel to improve conversion.
- Minimum of 2 years product management experience
- Basic understanding of agile software development preferable
- Previous experience of using JIRA preferable
- Experience of working on consumer web products preferable
- Passion for creating a great user experience
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality
- Good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Professional approach and
- Be a big team player, highly engaged and motivated to offer a positive contribution to our fabulous product.
In return we offer a competitive salary, benefits and innovative environment.