Bill.com is the leading business payments network, with 3 million members paying and getting paid over $60 billion per year. Bill.com saves companies more than 50% of the time typically spent on financial back-office operations and helps businesses get paid 3 – 4 times faster by automating end-to-end payment processes. The company is the choice of 4 of the top 10 U.S. banks; leading accounting software providers QuickBooks Online and Xero; and over 50 percent of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms. It is the only business payments solution endorsed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). The recipient of more than 70 awards, Bill.com proudly received multiple PC Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Awards and CEO René Lacerte was recently recognized as an E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and dedicated person to join Bill.com’s Product Management team and help us eliminate the use of paper checks with Small and Medium Sized Businesses!!! This person will help reinvent the way Small Business pay and get paid with focus on innovations in payments and innovations in how we distribute our product via Banks and other Financial Institutions. Leading the way to driving massive growth and adoption with our Bill.com product lines.
Success for this position
- Define and deliver high priority payments initiatives within a cross-functional team of Developers, Quality Assurance, Designers and more.
- Establish great relationships with the partners you work with including engineering teams at Bill.com and many top financial institutions as partners.
- Own and manage a roadmap of improvements that helps our growing payments company serve SMB’s.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- BS or University degree
- 4+ years of professional work experience
- Ability to work cross functionally and through collaboration will learn about product management best practices.
- Agile product management experience or a like role leading execution in the payments or fin tech space.
- Experience working with 3-party partners successfully.
Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years of related professional experience in the software industry.
- Agile Product Management Experience
- Strong product management skills, including most importantly, an ability to differentiate between building what is asked for and what is truly needed.
- Experience managing partnerships and strategic business relationships with third party companies. Can deliver presentations to high level internal and external stakeholders successfully.
- Experience in Customer Research methodologies (e.g. customer interviews, surveys, behavioral including measuring web analytics and/or A/B testing)
- Proficiency in measuring the effectiveness of features that are implemented
- Proven results driving customer satisfaction (or Net Promoter) with direct to consumers or SMB products. Experience in cross functional leadership roles including working with Sales, Client Services, Marketing, User Experience, Engineering and other Technology teams to support product positioning and address questions.
- Experience in Payments, Virtual Cards and/or Financial Services a plus but not required.
- MBA a plus but not required.
Competencies needed to be successful in this role:
- Customer Orientation
- Strength in Communication (Internal and External facing)
- Functional/Technical Expertise (including AGILE)
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Alignment to Company Values
- Learning Agility Team Player
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer