Permanent and contract opportunities – please enquire!
Our Product Owners are a key part of our scrum production teams. As a Product Owner, you’ll build strong partnerships with clients, developing a deep understanding of their customers and users. You’ll be planning out digital projects for some brilliant clients, who want to push forwards what they are doing digitally.
You’ll be commercially minded, with a user focused approach to shaping projects that deliver business value for our clients. We’re also in the process of productising our services, so you’ll play a vital role in this transformation.
As a people person, you’ll love engaging and building trust with stakeholders both internally and externally.
Accountability often gets a bad rep! This is not how we see it at Pragmatic. Having a clear focus on accountability can be extremely positive: when teams know who’s committed to what, and how to have grown-up conversations around this, everyone can achieve great things together.
Key things our Product Owners are accountable for:
- Gathering client requirements and creating implementation plans in order to achieve them
- Creating and providing oversight on the program of work to make sure the users’ needs and business goals are being met at all times
- Analysing and understanding client business strategy and needs, developing clear and accurate specifications to ensure that deliverables fully meet their business requirements.
- Creation of backlog, in collaboration with the client stakeholders, for the development team to work from including user stories and acceptance criteria
- Facilitate the prioritisation of user requirements and user stories based on delivering optimum benefit to the client and demonstrable ROI
- Following project through the full project life-cycle working in an agile environment that has to adjust quickly to change and has a focus on incremental delivery
- Work with Technical team to ensure user requirements are successfully translated into technical requirements
- Establish credible relationships with client stakeholders
- Identify and capture data required to support, guide and measure business goals
- Leading Discovery and Definition meetings to understand client requirements and business goals
- Ensure technical solutions fit within the business goal and budget
- Identifying the need to rescope and bring in the suitable team members to problem solve during sprints
- Identifying potential new work streams through understanding of the client projects and goals
- Designing programmes of work
- Feeding into company operations and processes
Skills & experience
- At least 4 years experience in delivering Agile (ideally scrum) development projects of small to large scale
- At least 4 years experience in a Product Owner role or similar in an agency environment
- Experience in growing a team
- Good understanding of web development (ideally WordPress), with a keen interest in user experience and user journeys
- Strong analytical skills, ability to understand problems and express the complexity of them in clear terms to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to gather and assimilate information
- Facilitation and interview skills
- Good knowledge of quality standards, legislation and best practice
- Ability to be adapt and prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Strong presentational skills
- Capable of prioritising and managing own workload.
- Quality focus and attention to detail.
- Pragmatic has won awards for being the fastest growing agency outside of London. With this growth comes a wealth of opportunities for self improvement, new roles and promotions for a proactive mentality and exceptional performance
- We’re keen knowledge sharers, so there’s opportunities to train the team, clients and to offer training as a service
- Progression to a senior role, with potential to lead on larger programmes of work would be the immediate career progression for this role
We can offer you
- Remote and flexible working opportunities
- Yearly trip to international WordCamp (we’ve been to Seville, Vienna, Paris and Belgrade to-date)
- 10% of your time for innovation, learning and development
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Healthy learning and development programme to super-charge your career progression
- Monthly team meal out – everyone heads to a local restaurant for food and drinks
- Summer and Christmas parties
- Innovative reward schemes for those making a big impact
- Birthdays off + extra day of holiday every year you’re with us
- Fun, friendly and supportive team
- Weekly fruit and veg (as some not-so-healthy snacks)
- Central Brighton location (fantastic new office)