Team: Digital and Innovation
Role closes – 12:00pm, 15th May 2019 BST (Europe/London)
You’ll work across multiple teams to discover, develop and deliver systems to transform Comic Relief into a technology enabled organisation. Within the business, you’ll apply your problem-solving skills to set up new processes while optimizing and automating existing ones. As the user champion, you’ll ensure we’re utilising products which are intuitive and serve the needs of the user. Your goal is to increase the effectiveness of teams by giving them the right tools to increase the impact of Comic Relief’s work.
- Responsible for understanding user needs and ensuring it is the core element of product discovery, development and delivery, you are the user champion.
- Understand desired outcomes or jobs-to-be-done and translate these into technical requirements.
- Identify whether internal development or 3rd party technologies would best meet our needs.
- Work closely with colleagues in the partnerships, engineering and data team to integrate new solutions into the wider Comic Relief eco-system of products and processes.
- Prioritise your work to deliver the highest value to Comic Relief; reduce waste, improve ROI.
- Upskill individuals across the organisation to take on the product owner role – handing over responsibility of processes and systems to stakeholder champions.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and champion the practice of continuous improvement.
- Be an ambassador for collaborative cross-functional working across the organisation.
Essential Education and Competencies:
- Experience of evaluation and procurement of services – ability to analyse solutions ensuring they are suitable, affordable and feasible.
- Excellent understanding of agile principles and experience working in an agile environment.
- Confident at data interpretation with the ability to make data informed decisions.
- Skilled and adaptable communicator – able to flex style between coach, advisor and challenger.
- Collaborative worker – able to work closely with leadership and other teams.
- Effective relationship builder with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Outstanding product management skills – ability use to user-centred and evidence driven product management techniques to create viable, valuable and desirable products.
- Curious and creative thinker – to create a learning organisation committed to continuous improvement and always striving to do things better.