Lightspeed is on the hunt for a full-time Product Manager to join the Retail Product Team in the beautiful city of Amsterdam. Lightspeed products are being used worldwide by thousands of customers over all areas of Retail, Hospitality and eCommerce.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, the Product Manager is, together with the entire product team, responsible for the success of our Retail product. As a product manager you clearly understand the customer needs and the business goals. Moreover, you actively collaborate with the development team and all the stakeholders.
You carry the full ownership of a set of features and set measurable objectives for the product development (OKR’s). You are actively contributing to the longer term roadmaps and participate in product discussions.
As a Product Manager you are responsible for defining the User Stories and prioritizing the team backlog in order to streamline the program priorities set by Product Management. Closely working together with the Product Management and Program Management teams you are strongly involved in the product backlog refinement and preparation for the iteration and Sprint planning.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada’s next great technology success story. We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Create and manage a detailed backlog of user stories and participate in agile sprint planning
- Support the teams before, during and after the sprints. That includes Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, User Story Elaboration, Supporting Quality Assurance, Accepting User Stories, Participate in Product Demo for stakeholders.
- Be a key member of the agile development process, including roadmap and release planning, and product expertise
- Collaborate with the entire Product Management team, including User Experience, Visual Design, and other Product Managers, to understand the product direction and business requirements
- Continuously prioritize incoming market and customer requests to plan the product releases most valuable to the market
- Drive innovation across internal and external groups to take the omnichannel experience to the next level
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical team members as a subject matter expert
- Mentor, coach, and provide leadership to establish product management best practices and excellence across the team
- 3+ years of successful product management/owner experience in a SaaS environment OR equivalent eCommerce experience at a leading retailer successfully driving a large eCommerce P&L
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to make decisions, positively influence other team members, and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to reprioritize across multiple projects
- Ability to mentor and coach others in the Product team
- Proven collaborator and excellent communicator
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to understand customer problems and inform business decisions
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for retail and/or eCommerce
- 3+ years of experience within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong knowledge of JIRA is a plus