We’re looking for a Product Lead – International Expansion to join our growing Product team in London. The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise. You’ll be leading, coaching and growing our Product team, who build the vision and strategy for our products.
- Your mission is to lead our international expansion. This includes launching new countries, scaling our new products across the world and leading the biggest part of our organization.
- Hire, coach, support and grow product managers into the best ones there are. Globally. Our product people are some of the best in the world, leading them will be a challenging task for anyone.
- You will focus on improving the TransferWise product, and raising the bar for our exceptional products worldwide.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
- Travel – You will have direct reports in London, Tallinn, New York, Singapore, Budapest – spending time with the teams is essential.
A bit about you:
- You have extensive experience within Product Management (5+ years) and a proven track record of being able to deliver highly ambitious products. You’ll be ready to show what these are, and how you made it happen. You also need to demonstrate the ability to move metrics and reach your KPI goals.
- You can lead people and build teams – you can hire for awesome talent and also get the best out of people reporting to you. You have lead at least 5 product managers before directly.
- You understand the customer value of the features/products you launch and are clear on the problem it solves for them.
- You are able to get the team to dream big, align on a commonly agreed vision and draw a clear a path to get there.
- You are data-driven. You need to be able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and get the entire company behind you. Numbers are the best way to do this. You are very rigorous about measuring impact and assessing expected impact.
- You understand how systems are built, preferably you have coded before and know how to write your own SQL. You have a good technical understanding so that you can help your team prioritise technological investments, tech debt reduction, bugs and new features.
- You are hands on and enjoy delivering features by yourself as well, everyone in TransferWise still executes projects as well, starting from our CEO. This means that at least 50% of your time here will go to direct execution so if you prefer to do more on the strategy side then this is not the best potential employer for you.
What we offer in return:
We’re a global business and we believe in investing in our employees and rewarding them for their contribution to our mission. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Competitive basic salary
- Generous stock options package
- 25 days holiday (plus the usual bank holidays)
- Generous pension with enhanced company contributions
- Private medical cover
- Annual all expenses paid trip to Europe
- Loads more!
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: Autonomous teams, Product = people, What’s next for TransferWise, Building conviction, Anatomy of the founder interview.