Yoco is looking for a senior product manager to join our growing team, as we develop products for small businesses across South Africa and beyond. We are seeking someone with a passion and depth of experience in solving problems and building successful products that customers love. You should have a solid few years of product experience behind you and ready for your next challenge in a fast and innovative environment.
You will be responsible for setting, driving, and executing the strategy for products that fall within your area — which could be payments, business management, lending, and point-of-sale. Product is a vital role at Yoco and you will be building the tools and services that thousands of people use to run their businesses.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Define the product strategy and vision for the family of products you manage
- Build deep insights and empathy with your customers, identifying problems and opportunities
- Be the expert for your products, know your customers, competitors, and industry
- Create, drive, and communicate an evolving agile roadmap that takes into account customer needs, market trends, and business objectives
- Identify, measure, and validate customer needs and market opportunities quickly and iteratively
- Collaborate closely with UX, design, data, developers, and external partners to define and develop innovative, high quality solutions
- Plan and execute successful product betas and launches with multiple teams across the business
- Evaluate the impact and revenue contribution of products
- Lead, guide, and coach junior product managers
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years proven experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Passion for product development with an extraordinary attention to detail
- Experience working with or managing cross-functional teams
- Product marketing and go-to-market experience
- Able to identify and implement product experiments
- Experience in using data and metrics in decision making
- Strong written, visual, and oral communication skills
- Comfortable engaging with senior stakeholders
- Experience within financial services or fintech is beneficial