Do you have experience in Product Management, and are you passionate about developing digital products, then you have a unique opportunity at NORDJYSKE Medier, a large media concern in the Northern Denmark.
About the job
A perfect candidate successfully combines a strong focus on user experience with a deep technical and business insight. You will be responsible for defining product strategy, product roadmap, managing product backlog and prioritizing all new initiatives and solutions that our technical team is building.
You will be reporting to the Head of Digital Business Development and you will become part of our talented team consisting of developers, product managers, designers and data specialists.
For us, Product Manager is a key role that is interfacing with nearly all other departments: editorial, marketing sales, customer support and senior management.
The overall aim for the role is to secure that we build digital products that our customers love and that strengthen our digital business model. For this to happen we expect that you have mastered the following disciplines:
- Product discovery, including identification of user needs, and you can effectively convert them into concrete product requirements and user stories
- User interviews and tests
- Structured validation of hypotheses
- Deep insight into the challenges that users are facing and jobs to be done
- Preparation of prototypes
- Specification of user stories
- Facilitation of design sprints
- Market and competition analysis
- Internal and external communication regarding product launches, etc.
- Stakeholder management
You are of course passionate about anything digital, and we imagine that you have graduated with a major in an IT related discipline, for instance Interactive Digital Media. We expect you have at least 5 years of experience in product management, digital project management or e-commerce. We have high expectations to your skills and offer in return a wide area of responsibility and plenty of opportunities for making an impact. In addition, we appreciate if you have any of the following qualifications:
- Experience with UX or UI design
- Technical as well as strategic insight
- Firm business insight and experience with managing bigger web solutions
- You are comfortable with taking part in technical discussions and always ready to be the advocate of user challenges in front of the development team and other interested parties within the organisation
- Experience with agile software development
- Understanding of business complemented by excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with user tests and customer interviews, and ability to transform received feedback into backlog items for development team
- Great drive and high energy
- Desire and ability to challenge status quo
- Experience with app development (iOS and Android)
- Experience from media industry
- Practical experience with Lean Startup
If you are not currently employed as product manager, perhaps you are working as eCommerce Manager, Product Director, Product Owner, Digital Project Manager or similar.
What NORDJYSKE Medier offer
Employment in a leading innovative media concern where you get a great opportunity for personal and professional growth. You will work with many talented and dedicated colleagues having a deep insight into the media industry. We are striving to maintain an informal working environment where respect for each other and for our values matter a great deal. We offer good employment conditions with a competitive salary based on your qualification and a pension plan.
For more information about the role please contact Soeren Braad Steen at +45 22 59 17 77. You can read more about NORDJYSKE Medier at www.nordjyskemedier.dk