We’re looking for an experienced and motivated product manager to join our team. Virgin Atlantic is on a journey to embrace the best of digital product management and has built a team to lead that change within the business.
Reporting to the Head of digital experience, the Senior Digital Product Manager will be tasked with delivering the user experience across multiple touch points to enable Virgin Atlantic to drive commercial performance and channel preference.
Alongside the everyday practice of running your product team, you’ll act as a lead for our product managers, helping develop their skills, guiding decisions across projects and helping embed the practice of good product management across our digital work.
This is a new role and part of an exciting expansion plan. It’s a unique opportunity to help craft a new team with big plans, whilst delivering digital products for one of the world’s most loved brands.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Crafting and managing roadmaps for a range of digital products, from strategic planning to optimisation activities.
- Working with a cross discipline team of design, content, dev and optimisation on product development, defining product visions, business cases, creating high level user stories and most importantly prioritisation.
- Working closely with our business partners (Virgin Atlantic and Delta) to plan and prioritise business initiatives to align with our business strategy.
- Building and supporting business cases for developing new digital capabilities.
- Evaluating sprints to ensure that all business benefits are being delivered and that action is being taken if this is not the case.
- Coaching product managers, offering continual support and feedback.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’ll have experience of delivering beautiful digital products, in an agile environment.
- Ideally some experience of supporting, guiding and/or line managing other product managers.
- A user centred product manager who can balance business needs with a willingness to continually learn from our users.
- A digital advocate who will actively seek ways to make the Virgin Atlantic experience both appealing and commercially successful.
- The ability to clearly articulate not only what you’re doing, but more importantly why it’s of value to our customers and business.
- You’ll be well versed in the usual product strategy techniques (prioritisation, backlog management, writing product visions etc.) and always happy trying out new methodologies.
- Starting salary is set at £50-65k depending on experience.
- 7 return flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic global destinations.
- 25 days annual leave as standard.
- We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working and flexible arrangements are available.
- We also offer an awesome benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance.
- Excellent discounts across the Virgin Group of companies.