At Peach Payments make online commerce and digital payment acceptance easier and more accessible across all Africa. Based in Cape Town, South Africa, we work with small and large sellers to provide a complete toolkit to accept, manage and disburse payments through web and mobile. Our merchant partners include your favorite food delivery services, whether you are ordering in or using a meal kit, travel services that can help you book your next getaway adventure and even your neighbor’s side-hustle e-commerce store. For these partners and their customers, we aim to provide delightful experiences that make it as easy as possible to facilitate online payments.
We’re looking for a Product Manager (PM) to contribute to the direction of our growing payments product portfolio and platform development. The PM will be an integral part of the product team working within the agile development framework to define product requirements and execute on the delivery of product excellence. In collaboration with developers, technical leads, designers, project managers and support team members, the PM will be a fierce advocate for merchant partners that build the backbone of their business with Peach Payments. This opportunity will provide hands-on access to building a modern scalable payment infrastructure across an entire continent.
What you’ll do:
- Drive product delivery by articulating, prioritizing and driving the product strategy and roadmap based on user insights, optimization opportunities, and input from key partners.
- Identify and document product requirements for features and functionality, and lead the product development lifecycle along with engineering
- Re-enforce product decisions through data-driven analysis by deriving data analysis and ensuring that our products are instrumented with meaningful analytics. You will use this data to provide transparent analysis on key performance metrics and identify high-impact opportunities to improve product and platform priorities.
- Become an expert on the Peach Payments API platform to lead third-party platform integrations including Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento and other e-commerce platforms that are widely used across Africa
- Research leading payment and commerce platforms to provide guidance on best practices for merchant partner and consumer experiences that drive reach and conversions
- Support testing automation workflows to scale continuous delivery of high quality products at a fast pace
- Bring empathy to your approach when working across interdisciplinary teams and external partners
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work and you take responsibility for every detail each step of the way
- Effectively use tools to manage and organize your work to provide transparency and consistent communication
Who you are:
- You have at a minimum of 3 years of technical product management experience
- You have strong technical literacy of engineering challenges and core technologies that drive e-commerce
- You preferably have a Computer Science or an equivalent technical degree
- You have demonstrated experience in troubleshooting logic and crafting innovative experiences, even if you are not a coder or a designer
- You have experience with agile software development methodology and experience crafting wireframes and mockups to help guide product discovery and development
- You are an excellent communicator – written and verbal. You are proactive at communicating all phases of the product management lifecycle – definition, execution and delivery.
- You are a team player with a passion for driving success internally and externally.
- You have a start-up oriented drive to improve the efficiency and capacity of not only software development but also your career and those around you
- You have Work Authorization / Permit for South Africa