For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product- centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora creates cloud-based software on a subscription basis that enables any company in any industry to successfully launch, manage, and transform into a subscription business. Our growth story is far from over and our Product organization is pivotal in sustaining our rapid growth across the globe. We are looking for a highly collaborative, hands-on Product Manager with strong technical aptitude and prior experience delivering innovative SaaS business applications and solutions to help us take on a $40 billion market opportunity.
To be successful in this role, you need to demonstrate a sincere passion for building complex products that customers love in Enterprise Finance and Revenue Automation domain. On the Zuora product team:
- We obsess about user experience, and our customers represent small startups to Fortune 50 enterprises;
- We are deeply involved in driving product design, from both an API and UI perspective;
- We strive for customer intimacy and meet with our customers regularly to review user experience and design and to ensure we are meeting customers’ needs and solving customer problems;
- We deliver mission critical solutions, so we have to think about scale, performance, compatibility and extensive downstream impacts;
- We lead product innovation from initial strategy through delivery and customer adoption.
This position is for a Senior Product Manager who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment and loves working with a great technology team.
What You’ll Achieve
- Own and execute the roadmap for Zuora’s Global Payments Engine, as well as Zuora’s integrations with its Payment Service Provider partners
- Collaborate on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for this product
- Communicate clearly and persuasively to promote and advance your ideas
- Gather requirements data from a wide range of sources – customers, analysts, partners, and internal users
- Transform the requirements data into clear, actionable functional design documents
- Lead design reviews and obtain consensus around your ideas across all stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with software engineers to implement and deliver new solutions based on your designs
- Become the subject matter expert in global payments
- Collaborate with colleagues in marketing, sales, sales engineering, and professional services to
- Facilitate technical deployments for customers
- Promote customer adoption of new features
- Position Zuora’s payments capabilities to win deals, drive customer success and satisfaction, and capture relevant market opportunities
What You Need to be Successful
- Ability to think like a mini CEO to drive the success of Zuora’s product offerings.
- Leadership through influence rather than organization structures. Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with cross-functional product development teams and manage interactions across product areas.
- 3+ years of relevant, hands-on product management experience with Payments.
- Solid understanding of relevant technology and tools including APIs, cloud solutions and programming languages and how SaaS integrations work.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, microservices, and event-driven architecture a plus.
- Strong product design skills, from both a technical API and user interface design perspective.
- Demonstrated success defining and shipping products in an iterative manner, with a hands-on willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective.
- Experience transforming product strategy into well-articulated business requirements, as well as using qualitative and quantitative data effectively to inform product direction and prioritization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions as well as functional / technical deep dives.
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, and attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work with distributed engineering, sales, and services teams.
- Passion for the market and opportunity Zuora is pursuing.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or a vast technological understanding.