Summary of Role
SunPower is seeking a customer obsessed and innovative intern, who is interested in a career in Product Management, to help expand adoption of SunPower’s commercial solar solutions.
This position will report directly to the responsible Product Manager and will work closely with a cross-functional team including engineering, marketing, sales, and dealers. The summer’s goal is to understand the market and it’s customers, propose solutions, and conduct experiments to drive adoption.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop deep customer and dealer empathy through dealer visits and phone calls.
- Develop experiments to test assumptions around reasons for adoption.
- Use internal, external, primary, and secondary research to understand and share the commercial solar roof and carport market. Summarize these learnings in a report to be shared internally.
- Propose new products (make vs buy), changes to existing products, and/or changes to current business and service model.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or business (bba or mba) with product development interest
- Self starter with great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to do independent research and learn new skills quickly
- Interest in behavioral psychology and behavioral economics
- Some understanding of solar technology and the utility challenges of distributed generation
- Some experience with user-centered design (Design Thinking)
- Some experience with lean product development (Lean Startup)
- Some experience with customer service and/or customer success
- Someone who is bold, positive, curious, and has grit.