We’re looking to add an experienced User Experience practitioner to our Design team to work with clients and provide oversight of UX work output by the agency.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients to understand their business challenges and deliver digital solutions to help them reach their goals. It’s an exciting chance for you to help us shape the next iteration of our team and help increase our range of skills and expertise.
You’ll be working for high profile clients such as the University of Derby, Imperial War Museums and Royal Collection Trust.
Where you’ll work.
You’ll be mostly based in our Canterbury office. We also have an office in London (Shoreditch), which you’ll have full access to and we offer flexible working hours and location.
Working on projects.
You’ll work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams, alongside designers, developers and delivery managers.
You’ll be tasked with solving design and business challenges using user experience methods and generating high-quality outputs for your clients. You’ll take lead responsibility for delivering and presenting research, information architecture and wireframes for digital products and services. You’ll need to work closely with your clients to understand their business, their goals and their brand.
At Deeson we won’t tell you how to get your work done. You’ll be given the freedom to plan your time and work out the best way of delivering your projects.
Working with the team.
We have a strong, transparent culture that we’ve worked hard to build. You’ll be encouraged to challenge the way we do things and take ownership of initiatives that push our practices forward.
As the senior user experience practitioner in the team, you will be expected to support the rest of the design team in shaping the UX work on their projects, supporting them throughout delivery and providing oversight of the final outcomes.
You will give constructive feedback to your colleagues and you’ll expect to receive feedback in return. Within the team, you will be expected to balance your client work while helping to shape and improve how we operate as a team.
Our ideal candidate.
- Has at least four years experience or is very good at what they do.
- Will have strong skills in research, information architecture, wireframing and prototyping.
- Will have experience in running workshops with senior stakeholders to align thinking and move projects forward.
- Will be a strong design thinker and naturally curious about the latest UX approaches
- Has strong communication and presentation skills.
- Has experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys working in a self-organised manner and as part of a team.
- Is passionate about developing themselves and those around them.
- Wants to be part of a growing agency.
Salary and benefits.
Deeson operates a transparent approach to pay and reward. We do this because we believe that pay setting and pay progression should be fair, open and based on the impact team members have in our business.
You can read more about this and see the current salary scales for all roles at Deeson in our team handbook.
The starting salary for this role will be between £36,000 – £45,000, this scale is based on how initial salaries are set for new team members joining Deeson here.
We have a “no negotiation” policy on salaries to ensure that starting salaries are set fairly and not on a candidate’s ability or desire to negotiate.
Other benefits of working at Deeson include:
- Flexible working hours and locations
- The Deeson fair pay guarantee
- 24 day of annual leave each year
- A £250 wellness fund per person each year
- A £500 equipment budget per person each year
- Recruitment bonus
- Company pension
- Unlimited training budget
- Peer recognition scheme
- Tax-free cycles and e-cycles
- Three days paid allowance for charity work and volunteering
- Paid sabbaticals after five years service