We are Forward Partners, and we are way more than a VC. We are an £81 million pound fund that combines investment with product and growth support from our startup studio team comprising of strategy, product management, technology, design, branding, UX, growth, storytelling and talent. This is where you would sit.
We work with founders that have a great idea but want our support to build a great product and grow fast. We have been doing this for over 5 years and we have backed over 50 companies.
We have a great track record and we are doubling down on the help we are giving and expanding the size of the team.
We are looking for a high potential product manager to support our pre-seed companies to build great products. This is an entrepreneurial role, requiring someone who loves all aspects of product development, being involved in the early stages and getting into the detail to ship great products. The role will be supported by the Product Partner who will be increasingly focussed on working with the later stage companies in the portfolio.
There are not many roles where you get the pleasure of working in a startup environment but have the variety of working on 4 companies a year all requiring different products from web to mobile to applied AI and from consumer to enterprise solutions.
What you’ll do at Forward Partners:
- Work closely with an amazing multidisciplinary team
- Be involved in all aspects of product from branding to development
- Contribute to the planning and scheduling of work across the studio
- Support a range of founders from a variety of different backgrounds
- Run customer interviews (with the lead UX designer) and gain a deep understanding of the problem to be solved
- Facilitate design sprints to rapidly move from research to testable prototypes
- Create deeper prototypes, feature specs and user stories with the team
- Work with a development team to plan and deliver product releases
- Launch and iterate on multiple varied startup products
- Constantly be seeking ways to deliver an effective product quickly and then gathering feedback to improve it
- Always be learning and adapting to new product problems and domains
As a Product Manager…
- Excited to build products and services that customers will love!
- An excellent and versatile communicator
- Able to influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
- Focused on quality and impact of the work you do
- Technically minded and able to work closely with developers
- Able to apply yourself to many things – we are a small team and often stretch into non core areas to get things done
- A strong understanding of mobile and web technologies
- Diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
- Demonstrable experience of working with UX, design and technology to build great, high-quality products
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies, prototyping, creating concise specs and user stories
- Experience in gathering both qualitative and quantitative data to help decide how to improve the product. You know when to A/B test and when to rapidly user research
- Seen at least one product through to product/market fit
- Have founded or worked in an early stage startup, or in a product role at an agency
- Have experience launching multiple varied digital products