When was the last time you really tried to save your company money when booking a trip? Like you, the vast majority of employees optimize for comfort and convenience, spending at the high end of their policy limits. So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses and save without implementing draconian policies?
The answer is Rocketrip. We’re a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It’s a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to own the product strategy and execution to fulfill our mission of transforming workplace behavior by unlocking the power of rewards. You’ll work with Product Design, Engineering, Customer Success, and Sales and Marketing to prioritize, conceptualize, plan and execute on initiatives that maximize users’ and travel managers’ excitement for the Rocketrip business travel rewards platform.
Our ideal candidate loves interfacing with users and customers, is adaptable, can break complex problems into steps that drive business outcomes, and is experienced in connecting product capabilities to customer needs to drive growth in the B2B2C SaaS space.
- Eat, sleep, and breathe the corporate travel industry and user behaviors. Know the competition. Identify the whitespace.
- Be instrumental in helping define the product vision and strategy based on multiple inputs. You will sit at the intersection of corporate strategy, customer feedback, marketplace needs, and engineering resources.
- Work directly with the engineering / product development team to drive product strategy from conceptualization through launch, creating work streams and tactics towards a strategic product roadmap.
- Manage work-streams across the value chain from growth and client success to data analytics, customer acquisition, and core external partnerships.
- Define and manage the product roadmap, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Leverage data/analytics to make decisions, but know how to make the call when all the data isn’t there.
- 5+ years experience in product management for enterprise or consumer Internet products and technologies.
- A practitioner of Agile and Lean software development methodologies.
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UX/UI, customer support, sales, marketing or finance.
- Prior experience in a senior product role at a product company. Experience with both employee and administrator touch-points a plus.
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision-making.
- Experience working in product management at a fast-growing startup.
- Experience working on SaaS and/or B2B2C-driven software products is preferred.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience is preferred.
- Travel domain expertise is a nice to have.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on user feedback, research, data and industry trends.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in New York City, Rocketrip is revolutionizing business travel by introducing the motivation to save. We’re a group of tech innovators who looked at the current state of business travel, became frustrated by the antiquated employee and employer experiences, and decided to do something big about it. Our team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to align employee and company interests.
Rocketrip is backed by a renowned set of investors and advisors, including GV, Bessemer Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Genacast Ventures, and Y Combinator.