THE NETHERLANDS – UNITED KINGDOM – GERMANY – NORWAY – SWEDEN
My client is a very successful business software company with offices worldwide; a strong, highly recognized product portfolio in ERP and related areas and significant plans for further product development and growth.
They are looking for an experienced product manager with strong mobile, social enterprise/collaboration and user experience expertise to join them in an incredibly exciting new position that will set the strategy and roadmap for their further mobile and social enterprise ambitions.
The existing product management team is distributed across several locations so there is a large degree of flexibility as to where the role can be based – ideally The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, Norway or Sweden but this is not an absolute restriction for the right candidate. It can be home based as long as you are able to travel to other company locations as well as clients internationally quite extensively (40%-50%). The role reports directly to the Global VP of Product Management.
You will work closely with other product managers, R&D, product architects, product marketing and other functions; and will be expected to build strong relationships with all of these as well as senior management, subsidiaries, customers and independent market resources.
Key responsibilities include:
– maintaining deep understanding of customer needs; competitive landscape; technology and market trends
– drive innovation and development of successful solutions that will delight the market
– define product strategy and roadmap including buy, partner or build alternatives as appropriate
– build business cases for new product development and investment
– be a product evangelist
– and all the other good stuff that makes product management so exciting
You need to demonstrate strong communications abilities to influence others through positive behavior, have a passion for your product domain, business strategy skills and high energy for your work.
Required knowledge and skills:
– Commercially oriented with strategic and analytic business skills
– Excellent English written and verbal skills
– Able to work in a B2B multinational, multi-sector and multi product/business function
– Able to articulate business benefits to top management, domain experts, software architects, consultants and customers
– Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in business, marketing, technology or other relevant field
– 5+ year’s experience in a similar position (B2B product management, product marketing and/or software development)
– Experience with mobile and social; cloud/SaaS preferred
– Proven track record with references
My client offers a very competitive base salary, bonus and other benefits.