We’re looking for a leader of our UX Product Design team, key to creating amazing customer experiences that exceed our customers’ expectations and fulfill Cazoo’s ambitious growth plans. Leading a team of talented UX Designers, UI Designers and User Researchers, embedded across a range of cross-functional product teams, you’ll be accountable for the end-to-end design of the customer experience and responsible for ensuring that your team has the resources and skills required to successfully deliver our goals.
Duties and responsibilities:
● Be responsible for the end-to-end customer experience across Cazoo’s products. That process starts with a deep understanding of our customer’s needs and ends with exceptional user-friendly, frictionless products and engaging user experiences
that bring genuine delight and inspire trust and confidence in the entire Cazoo proposition.
● In this role, you will partner and collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and other parts of the business to plan and develop exceptional customer experiences.
● You should be well-versed in research methodology, current design trends and have a deep expertise in user experience. In short, we are looking for a senior design practitioner who can build out a world-class user experience.
● You should also be confident in product discovery techniques – where we use prototypes to rapidly run many experiments, and discover solutions to the problems our product teams are tasked to solve
● You will lead a team of UX, UI Designers and User Researchers who are directly embedded into cross-functional product teams, acting as a coach and
mentor to help them become the best they can possibly be.
● You’ll naturally be working closely with Tech, and understand how to make compromises.
● The role also requires closely collaborating with our Customer Experience and Marketing teams, translating our brand identity and values into the entire journey.
● Leading and owning the Cazoo UX Product Design vision and strategy, and driving continuous improvement of its practices.
● Leading a data-driven design culture across UX Product Design to ensure that the team are working on the right product designs
● Defining success criteria, measuring progress and iterating – ensuring we deliver an exceptional customer experience and partnering closely with product and engineering to translate business and users’ goals into exceptional product designs
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
● A portfolio showcasing your talent and ability
● 6+ years of relevant experience
● A passion for solving customer problems and building amazing customer-facing products in environments such as e-commerce.
● Experience in product discovery techniques and rapid, iterative experimentation. At Cazoo we’re big fans of Marty Cagan
● Experience in designing cutting edge responsive websites and mobile applications
● Familiarity with agile development environments
● Ability to turn complex use cases into intuitive and shippable products
● Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present projects and status reports to team leadership
● Strong organization and analytical thinking skills, with the ability to translate content into user stories, flows and diagrams
● A proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams
● The ability to thrive in an open, creative and ambiguous environment
● Passionate about Accessibility
Salary range £90,000-100,000
Office location: London, UK
Closing date for applications: 25 June 2019