THE NETHERLANDS – UNITED KINGDOM – GERMANY – NORWAY – SWEDEN
My client is a successful business software company with offices worldwide; a strong, highly recognized product portfolio and significant plans for further product development and growth.
They are looking for an experienced product manager with strong cloud based ERP software and user experience expertise in the public sector (local and central government) vertical to join them in an incredibly exciting new position that will set the strategy and roadmap for their product portfolio and ambitions within this vertical. The role reports to their Global VP Product Management.
The existing product management team is distributed across several locations so there is a large degree of flexibility as to where the role can be based. Ideally in The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, Norway or Sweden and it can be home-based as long as you are able to travel to other company locations as well as clients internationally quite extensively (40%-50%).
You will work closely with other product managers, R&D, product architects, product marketing and other functions; and will be expected to build strong relationships with all of these as well as senior management, subsidiaries, customers and independent market resources.
Key responsibilities include:
– maintaining deep understanding of customer needs; competitive landscape; and technology and market trends
– drive innovation and development of successful solutions that will delight the market
– drive the move from on premise products to cloud and SaaS
– define product strategy and roadmap including buy, partner or build alternatives as appropriate
– build business cases for new product development and investment
– be a product evangelist
– and all the other good stuff that makes product management so exciting
You need to demonstrate strong communications abilities to influence others through positive behavior, have a passion for your product domain, business strategy skills and high energy for your work.
Required knowledge and skills:
– Commercially oriented with strategic and analytic business skills
– Excellent English written and verbal skills
– Able to work in a B2B multinational, multi-sector and multi product/business function
– Able to articulate business benefits to top management, domain experts, software architects, consultants and customers
– Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in business, marketing, technology or other relevant field
– Solid business exposure (5+ years) within Public Sector (local and/or central gov)
– 5+ year’s experience in a similar position (B2B product management, product marketing and/or software development)
– Experience with cloud/SaaS preferred
– Proven track record with references
– Experience in executing multiple simultaneous Product Management projects
– You are smart and skilled, responsible, self-motivated and always driven to become better.
– You have a high degree of initiative and are always looking for the best sales processes.
– Motivated to attain sales and company goals, quantitatively and qualitatively.
– You are a self-starter and team player, creative thinker and problem solver, quick learner and able to multitask and thrive in an unstructured international environment.
My client offers a very competitive base salary, bonus and other benefits.
If this is you then don’t hesitate to get in touch. My client is looking to hire asap.