Ostmodern are looking for Product Analysts to join a growing Product team. We are looking for juniors new to the role, as well as those with more experience. This is the perfect role for Business Analysts or QA testers looking for a wider reaching role.
As a company built on a reputation of quality products, we see analysts capable of understanding what it takes to make a coherent product as an essential part of delivering innovative work.
As part of a team of Analysts and QA Testers, Product Analysts are responsible for establishing, documenting and representing client requirements and scope from conception to beyond the launch of a product.
Your knowledge of scope should be broad but incisive, with an understanding of the decisions involved from a design, technical, UX, and business perspective. Ensuring the quality and clarity of a product, you will encourage processes that are adaptable but structured, whilst ensuring that the scope is realistic, in-line with stakeholders expectations, and well communicated at all levels.
You will work alongside a Project Manager to understand the costs, timelines and client requirements on a day to day basis. They expect Product Analysts to maintain a clear definition of scope and be a knowledgeable representative of this in meetings.
Whilst this role isn’t primarily a technical role, a good understanding of the processes and work involved in development of a product is desirable.
Our Product team is still evolving its role within the company, so you’ll play a crucial part in defining this. We’re interested to hear what unique skills you can bring to the role.
Please apply with a covering letter, your CV, and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters please.
– Working with design, UX, technical and QA to understand and establish a defined scope
– Working with high level stakeholders to communicate scope and vision
– Working with client’s internal development teams to communicate requirements
– Running SCRUMs and writing Themes, Epics and Stories
– Assist QA in defining test plans
– Documenting detail & scope not covered by traditional UX/design process
– Presenting solutions to clients
Essential at all levels
– Positive and lateral approach to problem solving across design, UX and build
– Attention to detail, with an ability to prioritise issues in perspective of the whole product
Essential above Junior
– Experience working within an Agile environment, particularly SCRUM
– Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
– Knowledge of technical build methods and technologies
– Experience working within a design or UX team in a previous life
– Experience working with Video on Demand products
– Experience working within a development team
– Experience working as a Product Manager in a previous role
– Knowledge of implementing open technologies such as Python, PHP, HTML, CSS