We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
At CNN, we are optimizing our use of data to build a highly personalized experience for our audience, maximizing user engagement, retention and revenue. As part of this effort, CNN will deliver personalized recommendations and services to our users across all of our customer touchpoints. We are looking for an experienced product manager to collaborate with our data intelligence engineering and data science team to define a strategy to leverage data to improve our understanding of our users and the quality of our recommendations; and to work with other product teams to leverage these capabilities to improve customer acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization.
- Develop and own the product vision and roadmap for CNN’s recommendations system and personalization products, keeping your colleagues up to date on your top level goals, timelines and progress.
- Identify and track business metrics that are tied to the use of personalization and recommendation capabilities.
- Be the subject matter expert on our recommendation system, and push our thinking forward about personalization strategies for CNN.
- Collaborate with engineering, design and other product management and engineering leaders to integrate our recommendations system with the overall content discovery experience in CNN’s apps, website and email products.
- Prioritize requests and ideas, and ship experiments to test bold product hypotheses designed to improve our ability to recommend the best stories to readers.
- Deeply understand the technology behind CNN’s recommendation systems, and become an expert in what technology and approaches are used in the market.
- Create new revenue products that utilize this deep data capability.
- You have at least 10 years of product management experience, working preferably on large-scale consumer applications
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a PM working on recommendations, personalization or search features
- You have strong quantitative skills, and demonstrated experience applying them to your product work through impact modeling and experiment analysis
- You are an analytical product manager, but welcome the challenge of developing human-centered experiences and have strong product instincts
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills