As the Senior Product Manager for content management systems, you will own the product roadmap for NPR’s publishing platform, with a heavy emphasis on next-generation publishing and distribution solutions. You will work closely with peers in design, technology, project management and the newsroom to set priorities and ensure a smart, ambitious product vision. You will build relationships with users in the NPR newsroom and our Member stations and become a subject matter expert in their publishing platform needs.
- Reports directly to the Director Product Management – Publisher and collaborates with all digital leadership to establish priorities and develop a strategy for NPR content management systems.
- Own the overall product plan and roadmap.
- Iterate with design and insights teams on research and market analysis to integrate new and innovate product requirements into roadmap that enhance user satisfaction
- Partner with the entire build team (design, engineering, product) to establish requirements that deliver the best possible user experience.
- Collaborate with NPR’s business, editorial, operations, member partnership and project management teams to ensure that all new opportunities are evaluated, tested and rolled out together.
- Define metrics and systems to track product performance. Clearly communicate performance and use data to evaluate and prioritize roadmap.
- Engage with NPR News and Member Stations regularly to maintain expert level understanding of their publishing, distribution and audience engagement problems and how NPR’s digital platform can solve for them.
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration and inclusion across all disciplines.