RoosterMoney is a pocket money & allowance tracking app that helps parents teach their kids the value of money in a digital age. Simple, progressive and gameful, we bring to life all the sound traditional financial principles we were brought up with (or wish we were!) and make managing money smart, fun & relevant for the modern world.
We believe the world would be a better place if we all talked about money a little earlier on in life. Research shows that our money habits are formed by the age of seven. That’s a pretty amazing opportunity to help give kids a head-start in building habits that will stick with them for life.
We are a team of 20, with half the team based in the London HQ, and the other half scattered across the UK and beyond. We operate a remote first culture, but make time to all get together every couple of months.
Hundreds of thousands of families have downloaded the RoosterMoney app since our launch in January 2016 and we have over 51 currencies being used by children around the world.
RoosterMoney has been featured in The Times, Telegraph, Guardian, Wall Street Journal, New Zealand Herald to name a few. We’ve been on CNBC and are considered experts in our field.
Alongside our app, we’re launching the Rooster Card, a prepaid Visa card for kids with parental controls. This product has been designed with our users in mind, and presents lots of exciting new challenges for both the product and customer operations teams. We are scaling rapidly which offers lots of opportunity for anyone joining the company.
The successful candidate will operate with a high level of autonomy within the Product and Customer Operations teams. You are passionate about helping families teach children the value of money and excited about working on a global platform with a big social mission.
You will be a strong problem solver, organised, analytical and great at communicating with others. We look for T-shaped people who have a core set of skills they can bring to the team and the ability to build on new ones. Whatever the problem or opportunity, you find the best solution in the quickest amount of time.
You will be the bridge between the customer needs and future product developments. Always asking the question why, you enjoy digging deep into customer problems and finding optimal solutions and outcomes. You’ll get to delve deep into customer feedback, analyse and propose development opportunities. Working alongside our product owners, you’ll help bring the product requirements to life and work with the development team to implement these new features and optimisations.
We are a small team so it’s important that the successful candidate isn’t just highly competent but is a good cultural fit and understands the remote working culture.
Apply if you want to:
- Work closely with a small group of determined, like-minded people to reshape the way families talk and engage with money around the world.
- Contribute to the business strategy and vision.
- Create positive customer experiences and champion the voice of the customer in driving product change.
- Share your passion and enthusiasm with the rest of the team.
- Research future product developments and improvements
- Building prototypes and supporting user testing
- Working with the development teams to manage the release roadmap
- Quality assurance and testing against our set criteria
- Providing customer support across our channels, collecting and analysing feedback
- Produce and develop customer support content
- Constantly look for ways to improve the customer experience
- Passionate about financial education and helping families have positive conversations about money.
- Strong interest in technology and easily able to build more technical understanding where required.
- Strong analytical approach.
- Natural problem solver.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver brilliant things, fast.
- You are creative, think outside the box and know how to turn a brilliant idea into reality.
- Faultless written and verbal communication.
- Organisation is one of your middle names. Speed is your other.
- Understand the opportunities and challenges of working with a remote team.
- You can code
- You have strong design skills (ideally Sketch)
- You have research experience
- You have experience in customer facing roles
Work with a fun, passionate team building something awesome:
- Get paid the London Living Wage (https://www.livingwage.org.uk/calculation)
- Work from our London co-working space in Borough
- Option to Work from home on fridays