At Akkroo, we’re on a mission to help businesses think differently about exhibiting and the way they capture and process leads at B2B trade shows and events using our mobile and cloud-based applications.
We’re at the forefront of a new, emerging category that bridges the gap between exhibiting at events and an organisation’s existing Sales and Marketing processes. This is achieved through our market-leading, innovative Software-as-a-Service platform which we sell into B2B mid-market and enterprise organisations all over the world, like IBM, PayPal and Johnson & Johnson.
About the role
Our product and business is developing quickly, and we are now ready to add another dedicated product designer role to our team.
You’ll join our team as the second product designer and will work closely with the product and engineering teams to figure out how best to achieve our product goals and deliver them.
What a normal week will look like:
- Maintaining an awareness of product roadmap and business needs to help guide design decisions
- Collaborating with the product team to design delightful solutions to product challenges, from research to high-fidelity mockups
- Validating ideas and solutions with customer-facing teams and with customers
- Communicating product design decisions to the rest of the business
- Assisting engineering with implementation by providing specs and documentation
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who enjoys the challenge of coming up with design solutions to problems that haven’t been tackled by any other company before, who knows how to back up their decisions with data, and who is eager to help implementation run as smoothly as possible.
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- At least 3 years of experience working on web-based and/or mobile SaaS products
- Can embrace the challenge of not having a clear path laid out in front of you with enthusiasm and optimism
- Have strong visual design and communication skills
- Have worked in an Agile setup
- Are self-driven and autonomous, but work well collaboratively within and across teams
- Are skilled in using modern design tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, or Figma, and building design systems and style guides
- Have some high-level familiarity with relevant technology (HTML, CSS…)
What’s on offer
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £38k – £45k depending on experience for this role. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
A lot of places boast a great culture, but what’s going on here is really second to none (check out our instagram for a sneak peak). You would join a vibrant, supporting and friendly team, who are laser focused on seeing results and making a real impact. We have a set of core values which define us and shape our tribe, if they resonate with you then we could be onto something.
You can also enjoy…
- Tech/work tools: We supply you with the best hardware so you can focus on the tasks at hand. We’ll hook you up with a MacBook on your first day, and we’ll sort out getting any additional hardware you need as you get settled.
- Social: You can enjoy monthly team lunches (we’ll get the bill), various fun events and a company which genuinely gets on well with each other.
- Holiday: We’re all adults here, so we’ll trust you to decide how much holiday you want to take (with a minimum of 24 days).
- Pay: We’re committed to paying competitively so you’re not worried about making a living whilst you’re here.
- Life perks: Discounts on gym membership, cinema, high street brands and cycle-scheme.
- Food and drink: Fully stocked fruit bowls to keep you healthy, free breakfast options. A barista style coffee machine stocked with locally roasted beans, and any tea you would like.
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
For more information on our perks and why we are a great place to work, . Or check out our instagram .