Photobox -Digital Product Designer
Reporting to : Head of Product
Location: Central London
Who We Are
Our mission is to create closer connections by making moments real. With over 12 million active users across 13 countries we are Europe’s leading digital consumer services for personalised products and gifts. We bring magic to our customers’ photos, words and feelings into precious objects that make them smile, laugh and, sometimes cry. We’re in the business of ‘one-of-a-kind’ and so delighting each and every customer is central to everything we do.
Your Mission ?
We strongly believe in the value of good design, we believe it is a primary differentiator in an increasingly crowded marketplace. We refuse to ship ugly, inelegant crap. So we’re on the look out for a Product Designer to develop the customer facing design for our new AI ( buzzword alert ) photo service. You will be responsible for discovery through to the final visual design for a product that will create magical moments for millions of people around the world.
Some of the stuff you’ll be doing:
● Collaborating with other designers (we have a design team of 15 btw ?), product
managers and developers to define and drive innovative solutions that support team
goals and missions.
● Working with our research and commercial teams, leveraging data, customer insights
and analytics, to embed them in the design process to make agile product and feature
● Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex
● Intermittent travel to Paris will be required to work with the development teams that
aren’t based in London ?
You are spot on if:
● You are all about hands-on customer centric UX; it’s foundational principles, methods
● You are able to identify and hypothesise customer problems and deliver wireframes,
journey maps, audits and supporting designs to meet requirements.
● You have excellent Visual Design skills across UI and typography, as well as experience
using design systems and frameworks.
● You can’t help but count the number of clicks it takes to checkout on your favorite
● You can translate low and high fidelity wireframes/prototypes into final, deliverable visuals
like a boss ?
● You are incurably & insatiably curious. You probably know the difference between baking
soda and baking powder (if you don’t know you want to go and find out now don’t you?)
● Bonus Points if you have worked with AI, studio or creation tools before.?
What Do You Get From Us?
● We build small, collaborative, cross-functional teams that push each other to create
elegant, simple solutions to hard customer problems.
● We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to
become the most awesome place to work.
● This is a place where you can get your teeth into doing business differently, and enjoy it. Business might be serious, but we don’t always have to take ourselves too seriously
We want to give back to you as much as possible for all your hard work, so on top of our competitive salaries, we offer all sorts of benefits including 25 days annual holiday, private medical and dental care, contributory pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers and generous credit to spend on our products.
As we are a fun bunch, we also run regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more- but we know your own time is important, so you can be as involved as little or as much as you’d like. We also value continuous learning opportunities, so we have all sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new development tools!