At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It’s the single best way to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and remote. We’re changing all that.
We’ve built a beautiful investing app that our customers love, and behind the app we’re building all the technology from the ground up.
We’re now looking for our first VP Product, to lead and build out the product function at Freetrade as we become the new way Europe invests their money.
Product at Freetrade sits across a number of multidisciplinary teams/verticals, with a product lead at the top of each vertical. You will tie everything together, with Product and Design leads reporting directly to you, and you reporting directly to the CEO.
You will take Freetrade’s product from a utility for self-directed investing to a world-leading product enabling everyone to do more with their money.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to establish a world-class Product organisation and help shape how Freetrade evolves in our next stages of growth.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the leadership team to define a product strategy and break it down for strong execution to ship a product our customers love more and more.
- Collaborate across disciplines and teams to deliver a clear and cohesive product roadmap everyone gets behind.
- Hire, lead and coach product and design professionals to produce the best work of their lives.
- Set clear goals and key results with your teams, monitor progress, and adjust course to deliver towards company objectives.
- Embed data, both quantitative and qualitative through constantly talking to our customers, in how we make decisions across the company and especially in how we build a product our customers are crazy in love with.
- Take on and understand all the complexity involved in investing and distil it in a simple, amazing user experience.
- You’re passionate about building a mind-blowingly good experience for our customers and monitor metrics to know if you are delivering.
- You have deep experience leading and shipping world-class consumer products at fast growing companies.
- You’ve led technical, interdisciplinary teams before, directly managed product managers and have a track-record of developing high-performing teams.
- You have excellent organisational, communication, and presentation skills and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- You’re data-obsessed and know how to use it to inform product decisions. You equally love talking to customers to gain deeper insights.
- You’re innately curious with the proven ability to get up to speed in new domains quickly. Ideally, you already have a strong understanding of investing through working in the space professionally, or else are passionate about investing in your own time and learning more about the space.
- You’re collaborative, candid and value building strong relationships based on mutual trust.
- You’re truly motivated by the chance to improve the lives of your customers.
Logistics:The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a task and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability – we want to hear from you. We’re very open about what we’re working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.