We are NFX, a seed & series A venture fund based in San Francisco’s SOMA/Financial District (close to Montgomery BART). We’re founded by four entrepreneurs who started 10 technology companies that exited for over $10 billion. Now we’re building the VC firm we wish existed when we were Founders. A VC firm that runs like a software company.
Venture capital is a “people business”, but we’re certain that software will radically change how innovation is funded and supported in the next 10 years. There is a huge opportunity for you to build products that reinvent how VCs make decisions and help all Founders gain their competitive edge with fundraising, hiring, and knowledge transfer. Many of our tools like Signal and The Company Brief are opened to the entire tech community so we’re making an impact that is global.
As a core member of the Product team, you’ll get full access to NFX content, events, conferences, just like our Founders. You will get the inside look on how VC works, and you will learn from hundreds of startups. You’ll meet some of the most successful people in the startup world and get exposed to the best startup ideas and tactics. And of course, if you ever want to start your own company, you will learn a lot about that from working at NFX.
Who are you?
You think about the big picture and dig into the details. You think about the overall product, the brand, and most importantly, the user from ideation to ship. You effortlessly navigate between thinking about the why, the what, to the details behind how we build.
You move with speed. You move incredibly fast, making decisions and overcoming obstacles with speed. You are not afraid of jumping into the code base or writing SQL queries to increase velocity on the team.
You are low ego. Collaboration is your best method. You don’t care or remember who came up with the best idea. Engineers, designers, and execs all love working with you because you make them all feel heard and you’re able to find a middle ground in dissenting opinions.
Learning makes you happy. You approach life with a beginner’s mind and with deep curiosity. You are constantly interested in improving your skills as a product builder and technologist, learning from your team, users, and community. Inside and outside of work, you ask for feedback continuously, listen intently, launch quickly, test hypotheses and are constantly iterating.
The nitty-gritty stuff that you probably have on your LinkedIn but don’t define who you are:
- Track record of shipping web and/or mobile apps that users love.
- Degree in Computer Science, psychology, or business.
- At least 2 years experience working at a startup.
We will not be a good *fit* for you if: You believe the PM is the CEO of the product (here’s why we disagree). You prefer the manager’s schedule over the maker’s schedule. You are dogmatic about software development processes. We are a small tight-knit team that ships multiple times a day so we have just enough process which guides us.
If you feel you are looking into a mirror as you read this, here’s what you will do in a typical week @ NFX:
- Ideate, wireframe, and prioritize features and products that define how the firm operates and make investment decisions
- Product Jam with NFX Partners, Head of Product, Engineers, and Designers on next versions of our Founder facing products (Signal, The Company Brief, VC Match)
- Iterate on product decisions with engineers and designers
- Analyze data and product metrics via Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and SQL queries to form data-driven optimizations
- Video calls with Founders and VCs to understand their pain points
- Play with products used by the Founders and VCs to incorporate their best elements into our products
- Collaborate with our marketing team on how to “productize” the content topics that matter to the Founder community
- Become the expert on how VCs make decisions by listening to podcasts, reading blog posts, browsing VC Twitter, and talking to our team
Come to us, oh glorious person