ProntoPro.it is Italy’s largest local service marketplace, now expanding internationally. We help millions of customers to find a local service professional: we cover 400+ services, ranging from wedding photographers to plumbers to guitar teachers. Within a few years, we expect that booking a plumber or a painter online will be as effortless as buying a book. Today that’s not the case, and we’re out to change it. The opportunity is huge.
We are a fast-growing startup: 2 people in March 2015, now we are over 100. We strive to minimize bull*** and maximize impact: average age is 29, because often brain is more important than experience; we work in open space, because communication needs to happen quickly; everyone has very large responsibilities, because we don’t have time to do any handholding (and we think it’s counterproductive).
Investors include people from Google, Facebook, eBay, McKinsey, as well as the famous entrepreneurs behind Immobiliare.it. We have the growth-rate of a startup, but not the risk…
We are looking for people who want to help us build a service that everyone will use multiple times a year; a service that will make a difference in society. It’s not an easy job.
ProntoPro has an exceptionally ambitious goal. Achieving that goal requires significant Product evolution: despite our incrediblegrowth, we feel we don’t have total product-market fit yet. And there it is: your personal goal will be achieving real product-marketfit. We could end the Job Description right here, but let’s go a bit deeper in what we expect from you:
- You will lead a Product Team of roughly 10 people: consisting of developers, designers, QA analysts and data scientists. Read that again: lead them towards our objectives
- You will own a large chunk of our Product (there are 3 Product Teams, and you will lead one of them).
- You will decide which features we develop, write mission statements for these features,define and document User Stories, and align your team behind an objective.
- You will impact our North Star metric. This means:
- Prioritize ruthlessly. No, you’re not “collecting requirements” from the rest of the business: you’re driving ourProduct towards real product-market fit! You decide what matters, you decide which fires to leave burning.
- Bring impact.Our purpose is changing the world, not developing software: you will be measured on Business KPIs,not on “delivery speed”, “bugs” or such metrics (this doesn’t mean, of course, that they’re not relevant!)
- Bring disruptive impact. we don’t expect you to bring 10% improvement through AB-tests – we expect 10x improvement. This means you must really understand which problems must be solved, and finding creativesolutions.
- Simplify. 50% of impact come from execution speed. You will simplify features, find shortcuts and overall greatlyincrease our iteration speed by reducing the amount of code we have to write.
- You are expected to improve the Product Process, rather than just follow it. Process should help productivity, butsometimes it doesn’t. For this reason, we hold Product Process Retrospectives every month: you are expected to bring realvalue.
- Don’t forget we are a startup, so go back to the first sentence: your personal goal will be to ensure that ProntoPro achievesproduct-market fit, and building it into a Unicorn in the process. There are dozens of other things that you may end updoing to help us achieve our goal!
- You worked as a Product Owner or Tech Leader on a high-traffic consumer product.
- You led a “scrum team” (or whatever you called: a team including developers, designers, analysts). Just to be clear:
- Coordinating with the account manager of an external web development agency does not count
- Leading a team of 2 people does not count
- Strong analytical reasoning: we find it hard to work with non-analytical people. We are also aware that this bullet point isuseless, as very few people consider themselves “weak analytical reasoners”… 🙂
- Learning mindset: you are probably not fit to run a unicorn (neither are we). Therefore, if you’re not in constant learning mode, you will stop being effective after 1-2 years.
- Proficiency in English: not sure if we mentioned this already, but we’re going international, and are starting to hire peoplefrom all over!