Senior Product Manager based in Berlin and San Francisco
Spark Networks is one of the global leaders in premium online dating with iconic brands as Jdate, EliteSingles, SilverSingles, Christian Mingle, eDarling and Attractive World. After its recent listing on the New York Stock Exchange (LOV), the firm continues its steady growth and has recently announced that Zoosk will become part of the Spark family (link). The transaction is expected to close in the 3rd quarter of 2019.
Thus, we are now looking to strengthen our product team with a Senior Product Manager (f/m/d) position at our Berlin headquarters, with frequent travel to San Francisco who will be responsible for supporting the post-merger integration of Zoosk into Spark.
This means being based in Berlin with frequent travel to San Francisco (or vice versa if you currently are in SF). Eventually after a year or so, the role will be fully based in Berlin.
As a Senior Product Manager your mission will be to:
- Define the strategy and roadmap for Zoosk going forward
- Become part of the Spark product team and deliver from idea generation through to specification
- Work with the team to build, and A/B testing new features for our customers
- Discover, implement and drive KPIs to identify new feature opportunities that help us to make more people happy by enabling them to find a new partner
- Report progress against the key KPIs to senior stakeholders
- Lead your own product initiatives together with our software developers, be responsible for backlog grooming and prioritization
Work in an agile environment, take over and improve internal and external processes in order to guarantee a flexible development
Competencies we are looking for:
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated team player and with great organisational skills
- Excellent communication
- Can work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to deliver results
- Have solid analytical skills, and a great working knowledge on how to turn hypothesis into features through multi variant testing
- combine user feedback and business goals to get a balanced feature-set
- Be able to demonstrate working knowledge of a Kanban style Agile environment (specifically WIP limits, and lead time)
- Be a self-starter and passionate about driving great products to a success as most of this work will be in a different time-zone from your line manager
- be meticulous in the details but bold in your vision
A formal education and a university degree are useful, but we appreciate applications from anyone with a proven track record. Also, in terms of seniority, having a minimum 5 years of experience working in a highly product driven company. Experience in dating industry or social networking is a plus
People looking for contract work will be considered, though we’d prefer this to be a full-time position