3-5+ years in Product Management in a Marketplace
We need someone to some in a lay out a go-to-market strategy for acquiring more Vendors to use our Marketplace platform. This includes, working closest with the CTO, Director of Product, Sr. Analytics Manager, Director of Engineering, and Designer on laying out the roadmap for your team and tools for the Marketing and Commerce team to align with your goals.
Senior Product Manager, Vendor Marketplace
at Drop (View all jobs)
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to help us scale the company through spearheading development and growth of our first Vendor Marketplace for external sellers on Drop. You’ll be responsible for building an enduring platform that connects our engaged, enthusiast communities to vendors who share their passion for products.
The product management team at Drop drives product vision, feature design and prioritization, customer and business insights, and strategic planning. This role works closely with engineering, design, stats analysts, and marketing leaders (including founders and CEO) to develop community-centric features.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Define the vision and overall roadmap strategy for Drop’s first Vendor Marketplace
- Requirements Definition: Continually assess the needs of Sellers / Vendors, develop comprehensive product plans, incorporating market requirements, supporting business cases and the competitive arena. Produce high quality Spec documents and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget. Work closely with Drop’s Commerce Team & External Vendors to build features which meet their needs.
- Acquisition Strategy: Set acquisition strategy and ensure execution. Establish goals and report on performance in periodic business reviews. Develop and maintain key business metrics. You must have a good understanding of and respond to activity in the competitive environment (Amazon, eBay, Zulily etc..), and be able to identify leading/trending ideas and communicate your findings effectively. Work with technology teams to develop systems to support business needs.
- Product Roll-out: Create and execute go-to-market plans for new features. Monitor key performance metrics to ensure product performance and identify optimization opportunities. Partner closely with the Commerce Team to drive adoption and ensure processes for on boarding that are easy and intuitive.
- Seller / Vendor Success: Drive product innovation to improve self-service capabilities for Sellers to achieve and grow online sales success. Drive innovations to all elements of the seller experience to improve their business results post implementation.
And here are the skills and experience we hope you’ll have:
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- 3+ years developing features for a Product Database or Seller Marketplace product
- Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps & functions, specifications, launching new products, conducting customer research, and facilitating user testing.
- Experience collaborating with customers and performing user research to develop roadmaps
- Ability to create wire-frames, product specifications and white papers
- Exceptional data analysis skills, including SQL self-sufficiency (strong familiarity, not necessarily expert level)
- Strong writing skills; ability to articulate a product vision in a written document
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-complexity projects
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills; sufficient poise to successfully interact with all levels of an organization, cross-functional partners, and customers.
- Passion for technology, curiosity to dive deep into Drop’s suite of technical products and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge
- Must be a self-starter, a team player and driven
- Previous start-up experience is a strong plus
- BA/BS degree, preferably in math or science
This is a full-time on-site position at our San Francisco office.
Who We Are
Drop is designing products differently. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong.
Passion leads here.
Benefits and Perks
- Compensation and equity package commensurate with experience
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision and basic insurance coverage for employees
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary caregivers
- Catered lunches twice a week, monthly happy hours, and Monday breakfasts!
- Pet Friendly Office
Drop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.