Product Manager – Refinitiv Classification Services
Based in Canary Wharf, London
Importance of Role
Refinitiv is the leading provider of news and financial information in the world. On its own, the value of this content is significant, but usability and insights are significantly enhanced based on the ability to connect our content and traverse across data items to move from idea to idea. This is made possible by Refinitiv’s taxonomies.
Our customers need to connect traditional market and reference data with alternative and unstructured content assets and aggregate these datasets for multiple use cases. The successful execution of a data and technology strategy that leverages this connected data provides better ideas through more insightful analysis, more accurate calculation of risk exposure, and ease regulatory reporting requirements. For these reasons, utilization of connected content sets result in a significant competitive advantage.
This role will work alongside the product and propositions teams to ensure that the client’s content requirements are met and integrated into their daily workflow requirements through the various product suites. This role will interact with internal stakeholders to ensure the world-class Refinitiv taxonomies are maintained by evolving them to meet requirements by the ever-changing environment. This role will also influence external standards, such as ISO and IPTC.
Knowledge & Skills required
- Able to liaise across the organization, including News, Content Ops, Product Management, and Technology
- A highly analytic mind supported by quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others, quick learner and able to work without little supervision
- In-depth knowledge of the purpose and value of taxonomies, an understanding of the relationships with them across the suite of news and content assets in Refinitiv, and its value to our customers
- Prior experience of managing and implementing new content enhancements/content related projects
- In-depth knowledge of database structures for reference data as well as methods of working for sourcing and capturing this data
Knowledge & Skills that are ideal, but not required
- In-depth knowledge of Refinitiv’s taxonomies and processes and procedures in relation to Refinitiv’s content and products
- Good understanding of Refinitiv products: Eikon, Datascope, Datastream and Elektron Data Platform (EDP)
- Work with Product and Content Managers to develop technical capabilities for RCS for all business segments, with a focus on the build of a new RCS system.
- Ongoing optimization of the proposition/ product / service portfolio to achieve commercial and strategic goals of the business / vertical segments.
- Working in concert with Content and Product Managers in the articulation to internal and external stakeholders on the segment strategy and roadmap.
- Drive innovation and differentiation with Content and Product Managers across new and existing propositions, product lines and or services to better address current and future client needs.
- Agree strategic trade-offs with key stakeholders to provide quality products and services on schedule.
- Work with Product Manager on client communications and go-to-market strategies for new product developments and enhancements.
- Ensure communication and cross-group collaboration, including client requirement vetting and feedback gathering on new and existing propositions, products and services.
- Work with Content and Product management to agree product, proposition and Development prioritization
Scope and Impact
Size, nature and complexity of work. Budgetary accountability. Degree of influence.
- Influences a large portfolio of propositions, products and / or services, some of which may not primarily be led by their business unit
- Management of extremely knowledgeable and experienced team
- Future proof new RCS system.
Certifications / Education
- University degree required
Professional Experience, Strategic Planning & Decision Making
- Strong track record of end-to-end product on multiple complex projects involving global, cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to understand commercial, technological and strategic drivers in order to execute strategy.
- Significant industry and/or senior product management experience involving more than one major/discrete target client segment.
- Demonstrated prior experience setting and executing on the strategy for a portfolio of products.
- Collaborating across Boundaries
- Focusing on Customers
- Setting Direction and decision orientated
- Championing Innovation
- Driving Results
- Directing Others