Our Digital Product Manager is a forward-looking thought leader responsible for identifying key current and future customer needs of our websites, quantifying those needs via business case, articulating the parameters and KPIs for success (and failure), and distilling and communicating a vision to fulfill upon those need areas. The Product Manager coordinates a variety of stakeholders and functional subject matter experts to create holistic product solutions for Distribution Marketing’s customers across multiple channels, and define product enhancements via a roadmap. The ideal candidate is curious and inquisitive, analytical, collaborative, and can clearly articulate a vision in a way that is specific and actionable for others throughout the organization. His or her background may be in Product Management, Consulting, Strategy, Insight or Analytics.
We’re seeking candidates who are:
Influential: Ability to effectively influence senior stakeholders (Head’s of Dept., Directors, C-Suite Executives)
Analytical – comfortable with distilling succinct patterns and findings from a broad set of information
Curious and inquisitive: good listener, able to glean the most relevant information.
Collaborative – across regions, cultures, and timezones
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
● Lead development and implementation of product strategy: Incorporate deep understanding of customer insights, markets, competition, and distribution capabilities to define product strategy. This should manifest itself in a roadmap of initiatives including small enhancement and content refreshments to existing products as well as new product needs.
● Measure product performance and lead performance improvement initiatives. Identify and understand the performance drivers and set up ongoing diagnostics and monitoring capabilities
● Drive new product development – create sound business cases around all new products based on needs assessment and projected feasibility. Incorporate a user/customer centric approach to all development efforts. Engage appropriate product support teams and developers early in the process to capture full perspective in creating “best fit” products
● Manage product lifecycles: continually evaluate product performance and key customer insights and ensure new product needs are identified far enough in advance to address needs before product obsolescence.
● Communicate product information: including product roadmap, specifications, value proposition, sales tools training tools and competitive information to stakeholders. Provide status updates to PMO for regular reporting cycles.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Business, Information Systems, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experienced. .
8 plus years progressive work-related experience, including 3 years’ experience in product management, product development, marketing or operations, with demonstrated travel industry experience and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
● Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Demonstrated ability to present new concepts, research findings, and business outcomes to various groups including corporate clients, senior management, potential vendors, and industry consultants.
● Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation. Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required.
● Demonstrated experience in detailed product development discovery, documentation, and design work.
● Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to perform research and use the results of analysis to make effective strategic decisions.
● Demonstrated hotel industry knowledge reflecting the entire customer experience lifecycle (reservations – stay – ongoing relationship management).
● Demonstrated knowledge of travel distribution channels (web, CRO, gds, or tpi) and reservations sales “building blocks”.
● Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required
● Demonstrated ability to adapt tactics and strategies to fast moving, rapidly evolving marketplace required
● Demonstrated ability to use prototyping or simulation in product creation
● Experience in formal requirements methodologies such as vision, scope, context, use cases, etc. preferred.
● Graduate coursework or degree a plus
Other Information – Travel required as needed to support business objectives (10%).
In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.