Position Title: Product Manager – Desktop End User Capabilities
Refinitiv, we have a bold vision for the future of the financial community. Formerly the Financial and Risk business of Thomson Reuters, we are now a new company built on a uniquely open platform, high performance products and best in class data. In the face of unparalleled industry change, we’re drawing on our deep knowledge and heritage of objectivity to drive performance and innovation with our customers and partners.
Eikon is more than just a way to access an extraordinary range of data and market-leading Reuters news. Powerful apps help you understand the markets and make crucial decisions, and you can connect to the world’s largest verified directory of financial professionals — over 300,000 trusted contacts collaborating, sharing, and gaining vital insights. It’s an open platform so you can build and plug into a wide array of APIs and apps to get the information you need, when and how you need it. And, unlike ‘closed’ models, Eikon is a catalyst for innovation in the global financial services industry.
At Refinitiv, our Financial Desktop offering is going through a massive transformation for user experience.This role will be responsible for the design of complex front-end framework capabilities that are visualized and can be customized by the user. This role will be working closely with UX and client facing teams and have a deep understanding of how the user interacts with the product. This role must have the mindset that every single detail in the end-user workflow is important and it impacts the user’s perceptions of the product. The role is part of the team responsible for establishing a world-class financial desktop framework powering a business that serves a highly regulated financial services market with customers who constantly demand and expect high performance, accurate, high quality, and on-time delivery of software releases to meet their demanding business requirements. The role will define and execute the strategic direction of solutions that support the business requirements and customer delivery needs. The role will lead innovation efforts to stay current in the marketplace with our technology offerings and customer requirements.
The role reports to – Director of Product Management – Eikon Framework
- Design and develop solutions that optimize the user experience across diverse workflows and customer types
- Define requirements for the end-user focused Framework capabilities.
- Understand the different roles and user types that exist in the financial markets
- Understand how the user interacts with a multi-window environment to enable their workflow
- Understand native UI behavior of different Operating Systems: Windows, macOS, Linux
- Generate ideas for product behavior and structure to suit different user types
- Define the interactions between desktop framework and other Eikon applications
- Understand how workflows or capabilities are shared and managed between users.
- Define the process for customer Admin to create and modify the pre-defined workflows for their users.
- Define the structure and process on how to keep track of the changes on shared end-user capabilities.
- Work with Specialists and Business teams in order to analyze user profiles and behaviors to measure the effectiveness of solutions and understand new opportunities
- Work with the UX design team to develop intuitive user workflows and ensure an impeccable and consistent customer experience
- Constant customer engagement in order to validate requirements, obtain market insight and create strategic product partnerships
- Report Product roadmap progress to Management and stakeholders; KPIs, Business/Sector key business deliverables and risk assessment reports
- Create trust and credibility with Development, Product Management, and Propositions teams, working closely to anticipate customer expectations/needs along with industry and market trends and translate into solutions and capabilities
Key Career Experiences:
- Proven communicator, able to influence Technology, Product and Customer Facing teams
- Experience of working to strict performance, quality and timescale requirements
- Competent at building strong customer relationships and resolving issues
- Thought leadership, innovation and customer mindset
- Appreciates and drives change in the organization as well as the impacts and consequences of those changes
- Ability to anticipate and identify threats and opportunities, and create innovative strategies
Essential Skills Required:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance or equivalent
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- User workflow and UX/UI oriented thinking
- The ability to understand complex requirements and distill these into specifications for developers to follow
- Ability to prioritize while balancing the needs of the customers and stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of JIRA and agile project management methodologies
- Communicate confidently and concisely to both technologists and non-technologists.
- Strong experience in Product Management; can understand and detail end-user workflows, and produce accurate Product Requirements, mock-ups, and roadmaps
- Strong team player with experience in working with virtual teams from different functions/regions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of Financial workflows
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Knowledge of industry trends, leading practices, application vendor landscape
- Knowledge of Refinitiv: In strategy, markets and competitive landscape.
Desired Skills Required:
- Masters Degree
- Financial subject matter expert
- Technical awareness of:
- UX/UI of Windows, macOS
- Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch or other UI Prototyping tools
- Basic Database and File storage system
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace. Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us. By clicking on “Apply”, the process for submitting an application will begin. If you have any questions prior to clicking “Apply”, please contact the recruiter.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content—all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world−regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.