JML Software Solutions Ltd was founded in 2003 and are the market leaders in providing specialist solutions around the governance, audit, asset tracking and competence of specialist police training and operations. Our Chronicle offering is the industry standard across the UK’s police forces for specialist occupational and operational databases, and asset management solutions.
We’re looking for a product manager to join us to develop the Chronicle platform.
Over the past several years we’ve built out a platform to support all 43 Home Office Police Forces and 5 National Law Enforcement agencies. This is in production today and we’re now starting to build out the next version of the platform.
You will be working on the product strategy, development and delivery for our platform with our product and engineering teams.
You will carry out the following on a day to day basis:
- Collaborate/work with business stakeholders on product definition and building out the product roadmap
- Work with our customers to understand their needs and pain-points developing solutions to address these
- Execute the product roadmap, developing and delivering product features with our engineering leads
- Manage and prioritise the backlog for the product
- Work with our marketing and sales function to understand the market
- Plan project delivery with the engineering leads and ensure product features are naturally complemented with the right system qualities (security, performance, robustness, reliability)
- Break down product features with the engineering teams into epics, user stories and engineering tasks ensuring they are structured according to best practice (INVEST, AC, risks and assumptions)
- Work with designers to develop lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes carrying out usability testing
- Take a data-driven approach to development with our customers and engineer
- Measure and monitor our platform and features post development to understand success
You’ll work closely with our executive team and our engineering teams to ensure success in every stage of the project. That will involve communicating effectively with our customers and internal teams to ensure happiness, productivity and efficiency.
- 2+ years experience as a product manager in a software company
- Previous experience working in software companies developing software products
- Good communication and presentation skills – verbal and written
- Can present complex ideas in simple terms
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong decision maker
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Able to travel to customer sites when needed
- Experience with pragmatic agile methodologies
- Experience with cloud-based products
- Previous development experience
- Training or police background
- We believe in transparency and giving honest feedback to ensure communication/collaboration.
- We’re passionate about building the best experience for our customers
- Attention to detail
- Openness and integrity with all fellow staff and customers
Due to the nature of the work and organisation, it is essential that the individual undergoes and passes a security vetting process to achieve the appropriate required security clearance.