reed.co.uk is currently seeking a UI/UX Designer to join our team and help drive the development of the UK’s biggest job site. We take great pride in what we do, especially as the services we deliver are instrumental in helping people find jobs and assisting companies finding the best staff. We are looking for a dynamic designer who is passionate about design and user experience.
Reporting to the UI Lead you will work with a team of developers and product owners within a dedicated scrum team, you will bring creativity, enthusiasm and real world problem-solving to a newly formed highly motivated team. The role will involve building great customer experiences and translating these into first class user-centric visual interface designs. You will have the responsibility for championing our brand values, ensuring consistency and leading product interface design and user experience.
Additionally, you will run design reviews, offer and receive creative feedback and be able to communicate design at various levels within the company. So it’s important you can express yourself in a multitude of ways through wireframes, prototypes, sketches, workflows and final designs.
As this is a newly formed team which is still forming, experience outside of UI/UX in the form of HTML/CSS would be a huge advantage in supporting the function of this newly forming team. It is a great opportunity for someone to make an impact in this team.
For us to consider your application, we require a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role, preferably with a link to your portfolio or examples of your experiences.
Benefits of working at reed.co.uk
• An opportunity to learn from industry experts in their fields
• A fun passionate working environment with highly talented and passionate individuals
• One Friday every fortnight is ‘Friday project day’ where you get work on your own projects
• Two ‘Hackdays’ a year
• Free Nespresso coffee and fruit
• Flexible start and finish times
• 25 days holiday (pro rata) with holiday exchange scheme
• £500 on a personal development allowance
• Plus: Childcare vouchers, free eye tests, pension scheme, personal accident & critical illness cover
• Translate business requirements into working prototypes and finished designs
• Through appropriate support bring these designs to life through HTML and CSS
• Effectively communicate prototypes and designs in conjunction to being receptive to feedback and creative criticism
• Recognise UI/UX deficiencies and highlight and implement effective solutions
• Understand the importance of brand consistency and its impact on user experiences and memory load
• Collaborate/knowledge share with others from varying disciplines including creative team, product owners and product development teams
• Work closely with product teams to ensure that design and functionality being delivered meet and exceed expectations
• Ensure deliverables meet specified deadlines and a level of quality and that quality encompasses usability, effective design and compliance
• Flag project risks and issues and provide solutions where necessary
• Work under pressure of a two week sprint cycle
• Work to a sprint objective and make designs accountable to KPI’s
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Experience, designing and prototyping websites
• Solid understanding of responsive frameworks, typography, image optimisation
• Up to date on the latest trends and tools
• The successful candidate will have a passion for both design and usability
• The ability to design well thought through user centric interfaces
• Good knowledge of Accessibility
• A meticulous eye for pixel perfect implementation
• Photoshop, Axure (or similar), Illustrator and Dreamweaver
• Sound knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work closely with others and also present working prototypes and design to the team and key stakeholders