Digital Services Product Manager
£38,000 per annum
Imagine not being able to move, sleep or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed and struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson’s can feel like.
Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson’s – a brain condition that turns lives upside down, leaving a future full of uncertainty.
Parkinson’s UK is an ambitious and dynamic charity, passionate about improving the lives of everyone affected by Parkinson’s. We are working towards bringing forward the day that no-one fears Parkinson’s, and our pace and determination is stronger than ever.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced product manager who shares our passion for improving support for people with Parkinson’s. Our service vision is to deliver tailored information and support to people with Parkinson’s in a convenient and accessible way. Our digital products will work alongside our direct services providing reach to more people with Parkinson’s who need our support.
2 core products in your dedicated portfolio will be our Charity Healthcare Assistant Project (CHAP) and our brand-new case management system.
CHAP is a pioneering collaboration between Parkinson’s UK, Reason Digital (partner digital agency) and a number of other healthcare charities. It not only has the potential to be pioneering for Parkinson’s UK but also the sector, this is the first of its kind. The beta trial is complete, a lot has been learned and there’s a lot more to do. The next phase is to support the white label product roadmap, followed by the first exploration into machine learning.
Using Salesforce, our case management system is revolutionising the way we manage data and support thousands of people with Parkinson’s across the UK. We want to take this product to the next level. As we move forward on our exciting journey to reach more people affected by Parkinson’s across the UK we want to embed a shared approach that supports excellent data quality, maximise functionality to inform the charities work, experiment with new ways of tailoring our support across all channels and investigate the potential of introducing things like predictive intelligence analytics, platform integration and artificial intelligence.
What you’ll do:
- Driving a suite of digital products forward, developing and executing a roadmap of iterative change and continuous development
- Deliver excellent user experience and maximise impact across a portfolio of digital products and services
- Support teams to develop, prototype and test ideas for new products and services in a user centric and insight driven way
- Working as part of our established Product Community, you’ll help to develop and embed agile digital product management culture and practice at Parkinson’s UK
What you’ll bring:
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
- Significant experience of effectively managing a portfolio of digital products and services in a medium to large organisation, especially in a lean / agile environment; including: backlog creation, user stories, user journey creation and rapid prototyping and working in a cross-discipline team framework
- demonstrable experience generating and analysing qualitative and quantitative data enabling decision making based on evidence, analytics and insight
- excellent project management skills and be confident training and supporting a large network of people to use technical systems.
- A clear and engaging communication style, with the ability to influence and build relationships across the organisation
- Our ideal candidate will be someone collaborative, solution-focused, organised, analytical and great with people. And you’ll love making digital things happen!