We are a powerhouse in the world of EdTech. As the largest provider of education software in the UK we influence the lives of over one million people every day. Our aim is to empower educators, parents and learners to deliver the best educational outcomes and attainment possible.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to deliver commercially successful, simple and elegant experiences that satisfy your users’ needs.
To do this, you’ll need to be able to work end to end from research and rough sketches through to high-fidelity prototypes, motion-ui and shipped code. You’ll develop a deep understanding of the education sector, and specialist knowledge of the product areas that you engage with.
Your work will focus on improving acquisition, adoption and advocacy across our Engagement Portfolio which includes our Parent and Student apps, SIMS Pay for online school payments, and SIMS InTouch for school comms.
- Define and focus on the vision to meet agreed KPI’s.
- Evaluate product progress and manage the backlog.
- Empathise with your users. Understand their needs so that their problems can be prioritised and solved in the most appropriate way.
- Define and implement a UX strategy to address the short-term and long-term needs of the Engagement product suite.
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and engineering teams so that shipped products are as close to the envisioned experience as possible.
- Practice a human-centred, evidence-based product design process.
- Understand the needs of your users through research and available insights to inform your design thinking and validate your solutions.
- Design solutions that differentiate from and improve upon the products offered by competitors.
- Define what success looks like and how it’s measured. Track progress to achieving the defined success metrics.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, understanding their needs and managing their expectations effectively.
- Work as part of a product team of designers and engineers to:
- Address the needs of users and the problems they have meeting these needs
- Design solutions to these problems by creating and testing prototypes and MVP’s to prove or disprove hypotheses.
- Build and launch world class products.
- Tweak front-end/UI code to make sure the details are just right.
- Monitor how shipped products are used, identify usability problems and pain points, and propose solutions to fix them.
- Identify new and future trends in the market, in technology, and in the expectations of your users, to ensure that your solutions are leading the field.
- Work with UX team members to create and maintain a UX Design System to streamline design and development and empower Product Owners and Engineers to make informed decisions about the user experience when UX resources are limited.
Key Skills & Experience
- The ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of your users and their needs and incorporate this knowledge into your designs.
- Have experience of UX research, usability testing, problem discovery and solution discovery.
- Able to adapt your working process to suit the task at hand.
- Experience designing commercially valuable products that meet the needs of your users.
- Able to work with key stakeholders to deliver the UX vision for each product or product component.
- Able to analyse and interpret analytical data and user feedback.
- Strong presentation, organisational and time management skills and the ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams in a complex, matrix environment
- Work in an agile environment to a product development process that includes Lean including hypothesis development, prototype testing and usability testing.