You won’t just shape the world of payments.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
American Express is on a journey to create a best-in-class Product Organization. Our Product people not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough products and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
You’ll be challenged everyday as our product organization works to meet the customers of tomorrow. American Express Global Commercial Payments (GCP) is the leading provider of payments for small, mid and large corporations globally. Key to our success has been our effective sales and account development organization – selling to new clients and helping grow business with existing clients. Salesforce.com is the platform that will drive enhanced productivity in our field teams. Our organization, Enterprise Platforms, is building and delivering a single, global salesforce.com platform to support our Commercial sales and account development organization – a command center for everything our field teams need to do, see and act-on.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
You’ll be challenged everyday as our Product organization works to create the sales and client development platform of tomorrow. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
The Associate Digital Product Manager serves as a key member of the Product team for the Commercial business and will be responsible for all aspects of the end-to-end product lifecycle for features or products in whole. The Associate Digital Product Manager will be responsible for innovating on behalf of our customers and creating product experiences that engage our Cardmembers and competitively differentiate American Express’ digital experiences. The Associate Digital Product Manager will collaborate with business leaders and partners to support and help shape a compelling product strategy, and drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment. The Associate Product Manager works with marketing, design, engineering, and servicing leaders to convert the product vision and strategy into an iterative release cycle with the customer in mind. The Associate Product Manager will participate actively in all phases of the process along with cross-functional teams.
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, and creative vision into desirable outcomes for our users – establishing user needs and goals from the outset;
- Participate in user discovery sessions, design thinking and journey mapping in order to understand user pain points
- Interact with users to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems;
- Consult with Product Managers to determine their insight needs, make appropriate recommendations, and craft strategies that align with their product roadmap
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Salesforce user experience, help educate stakeholders, as well as sharing best practice with peers and colleagues;
- Work across multiple markets to identify global solutions, across all stages of the customer lifecycle;
- Work with Business Management/Strategy/Marketing partners, to develop product launch communications for internal and external stakeholders;
- Identify and capture gaps in end user experience from product launches;
- Utilize relevant reporting tools to report on and analyze key metrics aimed at understanding and optimizing the product;
- Support the Product team to ensure in the identification of technical problems, and devise solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment;
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration with design, analytics, engagement, project management, and engineering;
- Use analytical skills and strategic perspective to identify trends & recommend solutions that will help improve the user experience; and
- Support reporting activities associated with rapid and iterative development
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a customer-first mindset;
- Knowledge of different qualitative methods and tools, e.g. usability testing, remote testing, and when to apply them;
- Ability to draw on multiple inputs (reporting data, metrics, qualitative and quantitative insights, and stakeholder/business direction) to arrive at customer-focused recommendations;
- Experience participating in workshops on topics such as design thinking, rapid prototyping, and empathy + journey mapping;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment;
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability;
- Comfortable working with team members spread across multiple locations and time zones, in a matrix environment;
- 2+ years of experience in User Research, Product Management or Product Development preferred;
- BA/BS, preferably in cognitive science, psychology, or CS
- You hold yourself accountable.
- You make decisions with imperfect information.
- You solve complex problems with a highly analytical approach.
- You’re methodical in how you recover from mistakes and crises.
- You operate optimally under extreme pressure.
- You’re excellent at understanding competing priorities.
- You can build trust with and inspire your team
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.