- One of the UK’s most popular small business finance apps with over 80,000 customers. We help small businesses sort out the mess and the stress of managing their business finances
- Loved and adored by customers. We have an NPS of 70 (which is considered “exceptional”)
- Rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ on Trustpilot. See what customers say
This is your chance to come and shape the future of small business banking and accounting!
Make a difference ?
It’s an exciting time in the accounting and banking space. We’re seeing a revolution in the FinTech industry, and new government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products for customers.
The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we’re working on the cutting edge. We’re focused on providing the best possible user experience for our growing customer base.
Creating the best place to work ???
We want people to be productive, to have career opportunities, to be focused on meaningful work and to have an excellent work/life balance. We like to think we work smarter, not harder, which is why we stick to a 35-hour working week and still Get Things Done.
The Role ?
As the Head of Product you’ll lead the product management team at FreeAgent, ensuring our product managers operate at the top of their game, and we’re delivering a product which is loved by users and successfully meets our business objectives. You’ll work alongside the CPO, CTO and Director of Engineering to help shape product strategy and development as well as playing a key role in hiring and developing the product team.
Day to day you’ll be making a difference by:
- Managing, developing, coaching and supporting the product team with their work and their approach to working with others through regular 1-2-1s, daily stand-ups, planning meetings and retrospectives
- Leading the product team through open, honest and collaborative communication, encouraging everyone to share their opinions and engage in healthy discussion with the aim of setting an even higher bar for our performance
- Reviewing team processes, effectively scheduling work and deadlines
- Overseeing the definition, setting and reporting of key objectives and KPIs
- Overseeing product quality in line with our premium product status, advocating for the customer and championing a customer-centric attitude within the product and engineering teams
- Working closely with stakeholders within other business areas to understand requirements, and with the product team to translate these into team level objectives, balancing and navigating competing priorities to deliver real business value
- Working with product and engineering teams to set product release cycle and dates, keeping all relevant stakeholders informed, and engaging effectively with external partners and user community as required, responding to feedback where needed
Ideally you’ll have:
- Experience in managing product teams, ideally within an agile environment
- A track record of successfully leading a team, ensuring it collaborates effectively with other teams and departments to deliver company objectives
- A wide breadth of experience developing and operating commercial SaaS products at scale
- Strong numerical and analytical skills; able to use data to inform decision making as well as set and oversee KPIs to measure product success
- A passion for building great products, that solve customers problems and bring value to the business
- A strong preference for collaborative working while embracing accountability
Extra kudos / Bonus points if you ?
- Have experience of defining, setting and managing OKRs
We provide a competitive salary and comprehensive package of employee benefits, which have been carefully selected to protect you, to promote healthy lifestyles, and to give you peace of mind. You can read more about these on our website.