Are you passionate about science and changing the way that the scholarly world thinks about research impact? We’re looking for a Product Manager to join the Altmetric team to manage our implementation and onboarding process for new Altmetric customers. You’ll join our growing team, managing concurrent implementation projects for customers, who include universities, publishers, and funders. You are a fantastic communicator, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts clearly, smoothly manage multiple projects, and launch customer implementations on time. You’ll serve as the Product Owner for a software development team responsible for implementations, you’ll also have the ability to prioritize requests and improvements, and provide an excellent service when working with customers. You’ll be involved in communicating ongoing implementation priorities and signing off customer integrations. This role works also closely with our technical support, product development, and customer engagement teams. Our Product Manager for Customer Onboarding plays a central role in our team and is vital to building positive relationships with Altmetric’s customers.
As Product Manager (Customer Onboarding), you will:
- Communicate with a range of Altmetric customers during the new customer onboarding process, tailoring your service for each client type (e.g., universities, publishers, and funders).
- Guide new customers effectively through the onboarding process by planning implementation project timelines and leading kick-off calls.
- Own and prioritize the backlog for the Agile software development team that is responsible for new and existing customer data implementations, as well as the tracking of publisher content.
- Understand our customers’ needs and requirements, and translate those into software development priorities and process improvements.
- Troubleshoot and log issues and feature requests that relate to customer implementations and publisher content tracking.
- Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) for customer data implementations, publisher content tracking, and related bug fixes.
- Work comfortably and efficiently with development teams, senior stakeholders, customers, and users throughout the whole customer onboarding process.
Key skills and experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a project management, product management, or customer service role.
- Clear communication style, with ability to succinctly answer questions over email and chair customer kick-off calls.
- Passionate about providing a great customer onboarding experience.
- Experience working with Agile development lifecycle methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban, would be beneficial.
- Ability to lead and inspire confidence from teammates with a strong sense of priority and a clear understanding of the customers’ needs.
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills: ability to clearly articulate both customer needs and complex technical concepts.
- Keen eye for detail and thorough approach when troubleshooting technical or data-related issues.
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects of varying sizes, as well as multi-task and context switch between different projects.
- Experience working with institutional publications management systems (e.g,. a CRIS/institutional repository) or publisher platforms would be beneficial, but not required.
- An understanding of the altmetrics/research space would be beneficial, but not required.
Life at Altmetric
As a company, work-life balance is very important to us: we have flexible working hours and our teams are setup to enable people to regularly work from home.
We’re based in King’s Cross, in the King’s Place building. As a portfolio company of Digital Science & Research Solutions Ltd, we share our office with other scientific start-ups including figshare, Overleaf & Symplectic.
Altmetric is a UK-based data science company dedicated to producing alternative metrics for research outputs ranging from peer-reviewed journal articles to datasets and software. With a global customer base spanning academic institutions, publishers, government agencies, non-profits, research institutes, and corporations, Altmetric is the gold standard in altmetrics data. Although we’re a small team, we put a big focus on investing in people and our company culture, with multiple social events and flexible working as key part of how we do business.