Product Owner / CTO Agile / Scrum – Part-time Consumer App Launch
London based digital start-up nearing completion of first working version of a consumer facing app is seeking a London / UK experienced Product Owner to steer the app from current phase to pilot launch. We need someone who is technically knowledgeable and who would be interested in growing into a CTO role. You should have specific experience with leading the technical development of mobile apps.
This is an exciting ground floor / interim opportunity which could lead to a greater involvement thereafter.
If you have the skills and get excited at the prospect of shaping the business, the app and your future we want to hear from you – especially if you
- Can oversee / monitor technical development of our outsourced iOS and Android app
- Have recent experience in app launches
- Have experience in an operational role
The Product Owner is a key stakeholder owning the relationship of the Development Team
- Experience with User Story writing, review, splitting, and sizing. Knows what a ‘good’ story is.
- Providing support to the team leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Use Agile/Scrum best practices and values while also meeting delivery commitment.
- Guiding the Development team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediment
- Refinement and prioritization as needed
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or equivalent relevant experience.
- At least two years of programming experience.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and a technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Understanding of the product lifecycle.
- Adept working with multiple teams, in-house and remote.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational to manage competing demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience being the Scrum Master for at least two years for a Scrum team
- Experience with assisting a historically waterfall team and organization with adopting Scrum.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience and knowledge of applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- The ability to distinguish between what “is Scrum” what is “not Scrum”