We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead teams building our Kubernetes Data Platform to ingest time series data at scale so cluster users and operators are able to visualize the right data at the right time. We want to learn how workloads and clusters behave so we can provide actionable insights to cluster operators and application development teams. Kubernetes is the defacto standard for orchestrating containers. We want to solve problems for workloads and clusters no matter where they run – in the cloud, on-prem, or both (hybrid).
We are a SaaS first product company – we also provide solutions for our on-prem customers.
You’ll be joining a team of experienced Product Managers who have shipped products that are collectively impacting small to large companies and millions of users around the world.
We will provide relocation support for non-Serbian residents.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO:
- Prioritize problems in collaboration with engineering leads. You know the difference between a feature and a problem.
- Develop a vision for your product and a mission for your teams.
- Prioritize the requests from internal and customers that’s least disruptive to your team
- Discover customer use cases to inform market opportunities
- Write scope documents that defines the user flow, requirements, and success criteria.
- Use data to inform decision making. Help improve systems to get better data.
- Lead feature teams so delivery is optimized for speed and time without sacrificing innovation
- Experience working in fast growing teams building distributed systems, data analytics platforms at scale with a design sense.
- Understand the operating models of SaaS, Cloud, and on-prem for scale, performance, and reliability of TSDB storage
- Experience with cloud-native applications in containers.
- Experience with a SaaS business at scale
- Approached product management from a user’s vantage point and is motivated by the chance to improve the lives of customers
- Experience working on technical products, designing both APIs and front-end interfaces
- Collaborated closely with engineers on architecture, design, and product decisions alike
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
NICE TO HAVE:
- Working with Kubernetes/Prometheus/Istio ecosystem is a big plus
- A technical degree (engineering, mathematics, CS) with an MBA or comparable experience a big plus
- Hands-on experience as a developer or SRE is a plus
- Demonstrated interest in containers, orchestration, monitoring, security software
YOU MAY BE A FIT IF:
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, design, analytics, marketing, and sales
- You have experience managing technical software products and navigating difficult technical tradeoffs
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a scope document, a QA plan, helping sales with roadmaps, leading use case discovery, or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can take the initiative to discover customer problems and validate ideas
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases at speed.
- You have experience building or working on technical platforms that enable concurrent development of features by teams located around the world.
WHY JOIN SYSDIG?
Sysdig has a diverse talent pool from around the world. Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of managing workloads in containers running at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people. Learn more…