ProdPad is a fast growing, Brighton & Hove based, tech startup. We are currently looking to hire a skilled UX/UI Designer, with experience in user/competitor/feature research, wireframing, user testing, and pixel-perfect UI design. This role will be based at our office in Hove.
ProdPad is cloud-based product management software used by 1000+ companies, including market leaders like Bose, WP Engine, Rackspace, Airbus, and Amazon.
It’s a “software as a service” (SaaS) web tool designed to help teams build better products. By providing a single interface that collects all of the input from an organisation’s broad base of users (both external prospects & customers, and internal groups – like sales, customer care and development), ProdPad provides product managers a beautiful interface to organise their product backlog, build their roadmap, and send their requirements to development via any of our incredibly useful integrations.
When hiring, we are always on the lookout for ways to hook up with the best and most interesting candidates out there. We go beyond the standard “job ad” approach – attending conferences, setting up and sponsoring local meetups, setting tech challenges (which we pay for) so candidates can see what life is really like at ProdPad, and of course offering flexibility to enable our team to balance their work and personal commitments.
About the Job:
ProdPad is a small team of multi-talented individuals, each of which wear different metaphorical hats on a daily basis (as is common in startups). The primary role of the UX/UI Designer is to be a key contributor to the success and improvement of the ProdPad app using a variety of skills to do so. You will also be required to provide additional design support outside of simply designing the ProdPad product, by aiding Marketing with improvements to the public facing prodpad.com site and providing assets for social/digital marketing. You will also get to be creative, and design the occasional item for marketing and merchandise, such as t-shirts, event stands, help booklets, and more…).
The Design team interacts with most teams within the business, and has direct regular contact with Development to help bring designs to life . Design is a key contributor to the direction and success of the product and therefore the business, so having the ability to look ahead of what you may be working on today/this month to look much further ahead to see the wider picture and help influence the direction of the company is imperative.
The role will include the following activities:
- Speaking with customers, reviewing usage data and distilling the feedback we receive to understand customer pains and identify ways in which we can improve the product for them
- Working collaboratively with other Designers, Developers, Marketers and Customer Support to offer our customers the best product possible. At ProdPad, everyone has the customer in mind
- Sketching or creating paper maquettes (whatever method you choose) in order to express your ideas and interaction design concepts to the wider teams
- Creating user/technical flow-diagrams to map interaction through the product, and help the Dev team understand your intentions with the design
- Assembling low-fidelity wireframes with tools like Balsamiq/Axure/Pencil Project/Whimsical to further your initial sketches and provide a base to start collecting feedback for your design
- Designing and constructing mid-high fidelity interactive wireframes with tools like InVision/Marvel that can form part of your user testing process
- Writing suitable questions and scenarios for user testing with the aim to help solve customer problems that you are aiming to eliminate with your designs
- Conducting efficient remote and on-site user testing with existing customers and be able to skillfully analyse results, share outcomes internally and iterate upon your designs to provide customers with the best user experience.
- Proficiently create high-fidelity interface designs using Sketch/Figma or equivalent based upon our own design patterns and well-established design axioms.
This is not an exhaustive list. One of the many benefits of working at ProdPad is that as a rapidly growing company, there is plenty to put your stamp on within the organisation. If you have ideas – share them, you never know where it might lead!
You’re likely from a Product background, or have some experience designing digital products. You have confidence in taking a feature/project and running with it on your own or as part of a team, performing research, wireframing, user testing, iterating and pixel-perfect design on your own as well as collaboratively with others. You have experience in presenting your ideas/work to other members of the team or the wider company and don’t take others critiquing your work to heart, but instead take the comments and learnings away to make the design better in the next iteration. You’re also willing to get stuck in with odd-jobs that need doing that may have a tight turnaround.
Desirable Skills and Experience**
- Proven experience of performing User and Competitor Research
- Able to analyse user data and customer feedback to identify improvements
- Confidence in preparing and conducting moderated User Tests
- Ability to communicate ideas via sketching and rapid prototypes
- Plan user journeys, logic diagrams and mind maps with tools such as Draw.io/LucidChart/Whimsical
- Create wireframes with tools such as Balsamiq/Moqups/Axure/Pencil Project or equivalent
- Invision/Marvel or equivalent
- A Strong design portfolio showing working processes and outcomes
- Experience with UI tools such as Sketch/Figma
- Experience with animation
- Ability to write User Stories
- A basic understanding of HTML/CSS
** If you tick some of these boxes not all that’s okay! If you’re keen to learn we’re here to teach. Let us know in your cover letter why this is the job for you!
Why this job is important:
ProdPad has a small (but growing) Design Team, so you will immediately be able to make an impact on the Product and the wider business, without feeling like a small cog or getting tied up in process. Our thousands of customers are engaged and excited by the product and expect a world-class experience, which we constantly strive to provide.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan
- Your own choice of kit
- Season ticket loan
- Office snacks
- A good work life balance
- Team social events
Learning and Development:
At ProdPad we actively encourage learning and development in your field, and are open to supporting your attendance at conferences, training days and other relevant events.
Based in the UK, on the south coast, our office is an easy bus journey from both Brighton and Hove train stations. While this role is based at our Hove office, we operate flexible working arrangements which meet both the team and business need.
To all recruitment agencies: ProdPad does not accept agency resumes. Please refrain from sending unsolicited resumes to any ProdPad employees.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Plus, did we mention the fantastic, crazy, dedicated team that you’d be joining? Here’s a post about working at ProdPad that’ll give you a sense of what to expect: https://www.prodpad.com/blog/developer-at-prodpad/
There’s plenty more besides this, so convince us we should meet you, and we’ll explain more!