The Senior Product Strategist at Modus is responsible for bringing best practices product management techniques to our client organizations. They will be ultimately responsible for success in our projects – setting goals, running key strategy sessions, creating roadmaps and ensuring the product is profitable for Modus and exceeds the expectations of our clients. Senior Product Strategists bring their understanding of business, solid communication skills and product management chops to every project.
- Owning large product and design/UX initiatives from product/strategic standpoint
- Creating strong partnership with client on vision and product
- Run workshops for goal setting, feature discovery, innovation, opportunity analysis, etc.
- Defining and documenting product vision, roadmap and opportunities
- Setting clear goals and tracking progress through KPIs, OKRs
- Being responsible for profitability of project(s)
- Making critical product decisions and strategic/tactical project decisions
- Prioritizing features and backlogs
- Planning releases and managing deliverables
- Driving user understanding by utilizing research and the UX team and using it to craft a product that meets the client needs and reduces risk
- Creating presentations of findings and key deliverable documentation
- Ensuring successful delivery of software project(s)
- Doing concepting, MVP planning, opportunity analysis
- Researching and analyzing market and competition
- Looking for opportunities to grow Modus partnership within the client
- Contributing to the Modus Strategy Center of Excellence
- Engagement creation: workbooks and support
- Thought leadership (blogs, speaking, etc)
- Sales and Marketing collateral generation
- Managing and promoting partnership(s)
- Overseeing junior strategists, BAs and others on project
- Having direct reports of junior strategists and business analysts
- Be on sales calls as domain expert
- 10+ years experience in product management and strategy
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field a bonus
- Management experience
- Ability to lead initiative(s)
- Strong business sense and enterprise experience
- Strong product management leadership
- Experience working in pre-conceptual environments to determine opportunities, problems and propose solutions
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, etc.)
- Solid organizational and administrative skills, including multi-tasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Solid written and visual communication
- Ability to work closely with globally distributed team members
- Understanding of mobile and web products
- Strong interpersonal communication (particularly via video, phone, email, and chat)
- Familiarity with UX research, LEAN validation
- Creative, strategic thinking
- Understanding of product management tools, such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, FullStory, Optimizely/Optimize or Pendo
Let’s Talk About Us
Modus Create is a digital product agency that accelerates digital transformation. Driven by a team of world-class talent, we have been recognized by the Inc. 5000 list 4 years in a row as a top ranked software company in the Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland area.
Modus accelerates business outcomes with our integrated product strategy, customer experience, cloud, agile, engineering, and open source and emerging technology engagements. Additionally, we are proud partners of Atlassian, Ionic Framework, GitHub, and AWS. We work across multiple industries with Fortune 1000, ISVs, and startups to validate, plan and launch new products.
We are a global, bootstrapped team that has grown from 2 to 185+ people in 42+ countries in 8 years, committed to building the best digital product agency on the planet.
We offer a highly collaborative, autonomous and effective working environment. We love and believe in what we do. This is your chance to be part of building something great.
Why Modus Create
- Competitive compensation
- Ability to work remotely / telecommute
- Working side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech.
Do you have what it takes? Let’s start a conversation