Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country… and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger. Unbox possibility.
We are looking for a talented designer who can bridge UX, UI and Research as part of a small but growing Product Design team at Gousto. You love problem solving through design and complex requirements don’t scare you. You’re creative, obsessed with details, inquisitive, passionate about giving users what they need, and keep up to date with design trends and technology. You’re happy to work in a small product design team and wear a lot of different hats. You’ll work on a variety of projects here and have a huge direct impact on the customer, and the success of the business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Although your primary focus is UI and UX design, you will work with the Product Design team to develop and manage a UX Strategy to form the basis of digital experiences, maintaining a coherence of interaction and Brand behaviour.
- Plan and implement creative ways to collect and analyse customer behaviours that will inform the design of key product features.
- Translate business and customer requirements into meaningful interactive experiences taking big ideas and working collaboratively to evolve them into usable features.
- Take ownership of product design, working across both web and native apps
- Take complex requirements and present them in a clear, elegant way
- Work on the full lifecycle of products from brainstorming and requirements gathering all the way to asset creation and continuous improvement of live products
- Deliver high quality prototypes and interface designs to meet customer and business needs
- Produce design assets ready for development, alongside design specifications for developers
- Work with the rest of the design team to create a reusable library of UI components
- Work closely with other UX/UI Designers, Product Owners and Developers to improve our product
- Cost to build solutions are kept to a minimum (eg designs should be appropriate, timely and to quality that does not require expensive rework in development
- Collaboratively develop prototypes for demonstration and evaluation of concepts
- Determine the appropriate level and type of user research, concept testing, and usability testing to validate roadmaps
- Will obsess over metrics such as AOV, Conversion Rate, Return Visits
- Working collaboratively with the UI Designer to translate prototypes and mock-ups into production ready assets that are used in the apps and prototypes we create
- Passionate about customer experience
- Able to defend design decisions with evidence and research
- Able to manage time and UI project pipeline with a proven ability to deliver
- Experience designing native Android and iOS apps
- An online portfolio that showcases your design process, a strong aesthetic, and expertise in layout design, visual hierarchy, use of colour and typography for desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Experience building a design system with component libraries
- Happy to work with a variety of stakeholders, socialising designs and iterating with feedback
- Confident working closely with developers and product owners to ensure designs meet requirements
- Understand the business as a whole and build interface solutions that solve customer and business problems
- Good understanding of agile methodologies and front end development
We use Sketch and inVision, Principle and sometimes we even code. We don’t mind what you use, as long as you are able to produce and share high quality assets.
- Holidays – 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes – 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials – Wine, beer and soft-drinks
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re inventive, a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream – Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver – We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care – We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.