Over many fast-growing years at Tutuka, we’ve created products that our clients and partners love. While our strategy has been successful to date, we are looking to take our approach to Product and Communications to a fundamentally new level. If you are a dynamic, ambitious Global Product & Communications Leader, who is excited by the payments market and experienced in working in a remote team, then keep reading.
As Global Product and Communications Leader, you will be working directly with the CEO of Tutuka and will have the unique opportunity to shape Tutuka by seizing the reigns of a key part of our strategy, as well as growing the products that are already disrupting payments in emerging markets. This is a role where you will have lots of opportunity to experiment and help the team find solutions, and then scaling and integrating them into our business.
This involves working closely with the client service and new business teams to launch new products that differentiate Tutuka and highlight Tutuka’s user-friendly payment services. Building out Tutuka’s product roadmap with a commercial view, while working with various teams throughout the business ensuring everyone is moving towards the same goal.
At Tutuka we thrive on making things happen and this is reflected in our approach and culture. This role would suit a self-sufficient product leader who also has some communication and pricing experience. As a fast-growing company you will need to grow a team while rolling up your sleeves up on the various product initiatives. You will have the opportunity to travel as a key part of this role, in order to see our teams in Johannesburg, Dubai and Bangkok as well as our international clients (up to 25% of your time).
In a nutshell:
This is an opportunity to work directly with our CEO and the rest of our management team to define how Tutuka grows products and sets our strategic direction for communications and pricing. You will lead and grow a team. There would be the possibility for this position to be fast-tracked to the global management team – that’s in your hands.
- Own and build the product roadmap and have full ownership of the product iteration and delivery process
- Bridge the gap between the client service, new business, commercial and technical teams
- Deeply understand Tutuka’s customers, how they use our products, the problems they encounter, and the opportunities the business has for providing them with better products
- Deep knowledge of payments trends and regulatory changes
- Partner with a Pricing Analyst in the team to develop a coherent pricing strategy for Tutuka’s products
- Guide the Pricing Analyst to develop a process to gather and use market pricing information on a recurring basis
- Partner with a Global Communications Manager in the team to develop briefs and insights that will enable Tutuka to build better product communications
- With the Global Communications Managers:
- Clearly communicate complex product features and benefits by taking a user-friendly and global approach
- Scale our product storytelling and translate the complexity of Tutuka’s products into pitches and stories that expand what people think of when they hear “Tutuka”
- Incorporate product strategy into our communication strategy
- Overall accountability for Tutuka’s external and internal communication strategy and delivery as part of the product role
- 8+ years of having led the development of data-intensive based products, including at least 4+ years of managing a product team
- Ideally worked both in corporate and start-up environments – you understand corporate structures but you also like to get your hands dirty
- An excellent track record of taking products to market and optimising existing products
- A commercial mindset in order to understand the impact of new products and pricing
- Some experience with incorporating User Experience thinking into product design would be helpful
- Some experience in API driven products would also be helpful
- A drive to succeed, and a passion for taking on new challenges and making them your own
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with team members
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Great influencing and strong decision-making skills
- Great leadership qualities and a willingness to develop and share a vision for your work
Tutuka looks to build strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences and identities.