At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaborations and delivers great consumer experiences.
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! As part of the mobile organization within Capital One, you’ll be responsible for driving radical change while managing current performance of our flagship mobile experience. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded, stuffy bankers. (One day, we’ll get them in jeans too…)
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of improving our customer experience and taking it to the next level.
Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
-You think Square is just a geometric shape
-Rasberry Pi looks misspelled
-You have an aversion to denim
-A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
-Thinking about your money gives you hives
In this role you will:
– Lead a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to develop and enhance mobile products on a day to day basis. You will translate business strategies into products that delight our customers and position our company for substantial growth and disruption. You are a dynamic product owner familiar with Agile methodology who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment.
-Create and use customer facing and analytical research to understand consumer needs and deliver captivating experiences.
-Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One’s lines of business.
-Collaborate with external partners. You will also help us nurture relationships with key external stakeholders in the digital ecosystem.
The successful candidate will be able to understand customer expectations; industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; participate in developing the roadmap; drive requirements and ultimately partner with IT Delivery, Operations, enterprise teams (e.g. Legal, Compliance) and third party vendors to deliver the optimal customer experience. The Product Manager will be responsible for communicating within the cross-functional team and on behalf of the team to stakeholders and executives.
– Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
– At least 3 years experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer products
– At least 3 years digital industry experience for consumers
– At least 1 year Agile product management experience
– 1-3 years experience as product owner in mobile applications with understanding of the mobile user experience
– 1-3 years experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
– 1-3 years experience as a Mobile Consumer Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.