Reporting to the Director of Product Management – Global Partner Engagement, the Product Manager will help articulate, define and execute the product strategy and backlog for our mobile solutions to Expedia’s Global Hotel Partners. Daily, over 200,000 Hotel Partners exchange information with the Expedia marketplace – the largest online travel marketplace in the world. Maximizing Hotel Partner engagement levels with the Expedia marketplace, creating delightful mobile experiences and transforming these interactions into economic value is the challenge offered with this high visibility role.
As Product Manager, you’re a passionate product enthusiast with strong influential leadership skills to ensure successful execution of all product development initiatives. You will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience, understanding of Expedia and your regular contact with Hotel Partners worldwide. You will be responsible for seeking product opportunities and managing your opportunity backlog. You will own product discovery working closely with user research, user experience design and engineering teams. You will oversee end-to-end product delivery, from idea to roll-out, ensuring commercial objectives are met.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand Hotel Partner problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You have sufficient technical skills to understand high-level architecture and SCRUM/Agile methodologies. You will work with product marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
The primary goal will be to enhance our Hotel Partner experience to maximize engagement, increase reach, grow Partner satisfaction, as well as achieve economic targets.
Key Areas Of Responsibility:
• Helping drive the creation of useful, usable, valuable and desirable products and services that will have a significant positive impact on Hotel Partner engagement, Hotel Partner reach, Hotel Partner and Customer satisfaction, as well as the bottom line.
• Executing the product plan and strategy for the current year
• Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, namely: Opportunity Assessment, Product Discovery, Product Development, Release, Commercial Roll-Out.
• Leading and conducting meetings with our Hotel Partners, business owners, executive sponsors, and stakeholders to gather and define short term and long term product opportunities.
• Managing the product backlog, prioritization and leveraging a strong understanding of the business aided by partnership with stakeholders, analytics, measurement and value hypothesis to drive product priority and investment strategy.
• Help define market research, usability research, competitive analysis and best-in-class benchmarking to build new products, functions and features.
• Monitoring product development processes to ensure they come in on time, on scope, on quality and on budget
• Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
• Owning relevancy and quality of the product throughout its lifecycle
• Driving the execution of ideas you’ve developed
• University Degree or equivalent.
• 5 years minimum experience required.
• Knowledgeable in technology (Agile/SCRUM)
• Ability to translate highly ambiguous business issues into structured problems, and to develop well founded solutions in a structured yet creative way
• Ability to build rapport with business and technology partners, ability to lead by influence
• Ability to communicate effectively on all levels, including concise verbal and written executive communication
• Strong top down hypothesis driven approach to analyses, combined with ability to perform in-depth bottom up analyses if needed
• A passion for data, with very strong quantitative skills. Fully comfortable with financial and operational metrics and analyses
• Ability to identify key needs or gaps and provide leadership to close those gaps.
• Exhibits high degree of pro-activeness in analyzing customer behavior using available data to influence change.
• Strong attention to detail
• Goal oriented with self direction and drive
• Experienced in developing processes, procedures, policies
• Have led or participated in the product planning and design of technical products.
• Travel industry experience a plus
• Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. is the world’s leading online travel company, empowering business and leisure travelers with the tools and information they need to easily research, plan, book and experience travel. Expedia, Inc. also provides in-destination concierge service and activity desks for travelers. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio of brands includes: Expedia.com®, hotels.com®, Hotwire®, Egencia™, TripAdvisor®, Expedia Local Expert™, Classic Vacations® and eLong™. Expedia, Inc.’s companies operate more than 50 global points of sale with sites in North America, South America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Expedia, Inc. is a component of the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit http://www.expediainc.com/ (NASDAQ: EXPE).