This is an opportunity to do the best work of your life on a highly impactful and visionary product, at a time when our principles of excellent design are just emerging. This will be a high-output role, focusing on ‘doing’, that will expose you to every aspect of a rapidly scaling startup. We’re a fast moving team and you will play a key role in our growth by delivering the most important thing needed to improve and build our product in any given week or month.
We are looking for someone who is excited to work with our Product team to dig into the following:
- User Research & Discovery: Identify and develop a deep understanding of the needs of our customer base. Use this knowledge to develop first-class features and interfaces that create and improve upon the value of our products.
- Concepting & Prototyping: Develop sketches, wireframes, mockups, and functional prototypes to effectively communicate and validate interactions and design ideas.
- Visual & Interaction Design: Create engineering-ready designs with all necessary assets to ensure shared understanding of the details.
- Cross-organization collaboration: Collaborate with engineers, customer success, sales and customers to prioritize, design, launch, test, and iterate products.
We’re not looking for a specific track record of X years of experience doing Y, though we would get really excited by the following experiences:
- 1-3 years (junior role) or 4+ years (senior role) of relevant design/UX work experience (and demonstrable portfolio) designing B2B web-based applications in a fast-paced, agile environment (we’re hiring for both junior and senior designers)
- Demonstrated understanding of design principles, visual / interaction design, hierarchy and typography
- Experience designing and executing user tests and usability studies to direct product designs and priorities, and gathering feedback
- Proficiency in the latest design software or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Strong belief in simple, clean, and detail oriented visual design
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills as demonstrated by experience working as a part of an end-to-end development team, collaborating with and providing design direction to talented developers, understanding the technical requirements of what it takes to implement your design
We’re looking for someone who is really hungry to learn and grow into more and more responsibility. We have experience fostering new waves of leaders.
You must be located in Toronto. We are a partially remote team, but will be building the team in Toronto. You need to be comfortable working with remote leaders at least some of the time.
If you’re not sure you fit all these descriptions, please still apply! We hire people, not lists of requirements and we’d love to talk to you!
What you will get from SHIFT
- The opportunity to join a fast growing company on a mission to make work better, everywhere, for everyone
- A culture that prioritizes learning, feedback and growth
- The opportunity to work alongside a seasoned leadership team (this is not our first rodeo!)
- Competitive compensation, equity and benefits